v17 UI corruption when changing monitor
Hi there!
I'm using v17 of Kodi from the Arch AUR.
When I change the System|Monitor option to move Kodi from the htpc monitor to the TV, all the interface becomes white and the icons are distorted. Restarting the application fixes the problem.
The problem is not related to a particular skin; I'm using Estuary now, but I also tried Estouchy and Mimic. I also tried to remove the addons and userdata folders and restart.

I'm using Arch Linux, Mate desktop, configured to use two monitors.
I install Kodi compiling it with the PKGBUILD script (currently: kodi-git-20161207.fda83e4-1-x86_64).
The video card is a Radeon 4650 with open source drivers.

Here's a logfile (I started Kodi, changed monitor to DVI-0, changed back to VGA-0, quit)
Turn off the compositor, please. We try to force disable it when we start and your desktop will fail afterwards.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi!
The compositor is already disabled.
Code:
$ gsettings get org.mate.Marco.general compositing-manager
false

I forgot to say that when Kodi's UI becomes white, also changing the skin fixes the problem (basically forcing it to reload the assets I guess).
Oki - then trac.kodi.tv is the way to go, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UI corruption when changing monitor0