Backup Questions
Hey guys, I am very new to Kodi and I have been trying to make an exact copy of one installation of Kodi and no backup add-ons seem to work. Any help would be extremely appreciated as I have tried XBMC backup and USB-SD wizard,the latter of which just kept crashing. I hope someone has an idea as I really love Kodi but this would be extremely helpful. Thank you hope to hear back soon ^^
You might want to just copy out the entire C:\Users\Chaoticflare22\AppData\Roaming\Kodi to your back-up storage, copy it back into the same place when needed. The files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi are from the installation and can be replaced with a direct re-install.
Will it work if the reinstalled Kodi is a different version?
(2016-12-10, 07:39)Chaoticflare22 Wrote: Will it work if the reinstalled Kodi is a different version?
Not recommended! Important files have been altered, changed and modified for a new version, mixing the two versions will undoubtedly result in alphabet soup and Im not much for soup kitchens Smile

Best point of view on this is to re-establish the same versions all round, ensure full functionality, then update after the fact. I see nothing wrong with the export import functions within Kodi for the library, if you're trying to save add-ons; it's quite likely that the newer iteration of Kodi would have issues with legacy add-ons anyway. Check the folder C:\Users\Chaoticflare22\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\add-ons\pakcages and you'll find most of your add-ons zip packages, which could be installed manually from zip. If it's your settings, copying out just the 'userdata' folder will get most.
This worked perfectly although already had different versions I just had to redo librarys but skins thumbnails and setups work perfectly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup Questions0