v17 Live TV mid-stream DAR change
DAR changes a lot for DVB SD channels. Old TV programming is still 4:3. So some channels often switch between anamorphic 16:9 and 4:3 mid-stream. Kodi does not seem to recognize that, resulting in a stretched image after the switch.

I used latest Krypton nightly from today, as I have seen some recent commits by @Koying concerning AMC and DAR.

I am attaching a sample which demonstrates the incident.

AR_change.mpg
AR_change(2).ts
I know that you file valuable bugs, but as you also know: We currently don't have an active Android maintainer. Therefore please create proper tickets on trac.kodi.tv and tag them accordingly to Android so that these won't get lost. If $1 changes in the future.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK, I put it on my TODO list.
If you are at it: Also please the other thingy with the cpu load and the EAC3 setting, you know.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
EAC3 setting?
a) For those broken FW TVs, that affected users can change the transcoding rate more easily
b) Those broken TVs also don't do EAC3 properly, but they should.
Quote:b) Those broken TVs also don't do EAC3 properly, but they should.
Haven't heard about that issue. TVs can only output AC3 due to S/PDIF and HDMI-ARC limitations. But they can output EAC3 down-converted to AC3. You mean that? This works for me though, see here. Or do you mean boxes with actual HDMI outputs, which fail to properly output EAC3?
Your TV also supports ARC doesn't it? See: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-network...st42677914

Edit: You are right concerning ARC as of current implementations. Bandwidth should be enough there. You can transmit 8 channel PCM that makes me wonder.
It does. But ARC doesn't support real EAC3. It only supports S/PDIF formats. My AVR doesn't support EAC3 anyway (checked the EDID info). However, the TV still provides the EAC3 capability as it can perform a down-conversion to AC3 and send it via ARC and S/PDIF.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV mid-stream DAR change0