unable to upgrade to beta 17
Stop creating threads as we are not a android forum for firmware upgrades. Go ask the manufacturer
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
my $120 android stb is version 4.4.4

i have installed krypton betas and use without issue

parsing error is file corruption

we need the md5 hash for the apk
I believe my parsing error is not a corrupt file as i tried many (past also ) I believe it is because my android media player OS is not rooted so i dont have certain controls to install software. i had same error before trying to update older kodi betas with an apk. but always was able to install software from google play. regarding your comment having OS 4.4 and being able to upgrade to a beta id be surprised if you can upgrade to 17.1 beta as kodi says android OS needs to be 5 or higher. i emailed my media player manufacturer to see if i can root my box although even though it may give me more control of the box i dont think i'll be able to install 17.1 as i have OS 4,2 and my OS cannot be upgraded due to CPU limitations
The parse error is because you simply cannot install it an old android version. Well done Google for such an awesome error message that is not helpful at all
Martijn

While your comment makes logical sense, explain this

long before kodi 16.0 or 17.1 when i tried to install
a kodi beta build from an apk file i had the same parsing error
Could be several issues cause Android throws same message for different problems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to upgrade to beta 170