• 4(current)
UNIPLEXhttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=300091 [RIP]
I know our app store is add-on browser... To me that's just a generic name... I was just looking for creative ideas. Like everyone did with the nameing of kodi version 18 now named Leia.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Add-on repository -> Arpo Wink

or maybe the "Kodi Hive"
KAOS - Kodi Add-On Store.

Or if you're a Get Smart fan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart#KAOS
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The big issue, of course, is that only commercial enterprises have a brand - brands aren't something you generally associate with open-source projects.
That may be the case, I just though it would be fun to see what people came up with, and if it was something people, or I liked more I was going to incorporate it into the skin I am working on.... Plus why not brand kodi a little bit get it more mainstream.... It is awesome produce of a lot of awesome and very helpful people here... wouldn't it be cool to see the kodi logo across the world in media and other outlets... knowing that it is apart of you... something you help build and mold into what it is today. It may not be commercial but I do believe it is just as good if not better then some commercial peers.
(2017-01-17, 00:08)smitchell6879 Wrote: Plus why not brand kodi a little bit get it more mainstream....

Because - as a very - VERY - general rule - that isn't actually the point of branding ... Smile
(2017-01-16, 23:37)BobCratchett Wrote: The big issue, of course, is that only commercial enterprises have a brand - brands aren't something you generally associate with open-source projects.

Kodi actually has quite a bit of a brand, as do all sorts of nonprofits and other FOSS projects. These days, having a brand is pretty critical for us, as it helps differentiate us from pirate addons, cheap chinese box manufacturers and many others, or at least, that's its primary purpose at the moment. Having a branded app store would do much the same thing. "Don't download crap addons, download official, awesome addons from KAOS or The Hive or whatever."
Kodi Labworks. it would consist of unofficial official repositories , forks and Beta add ons. as well as links to the GitHub source codes.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

(2017-01-17, 01:23)natethomas Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 23:37)BobCratchett Wrote: The big issue, of course, is that only commercial enterprises have a brand - brands aren't something you generally associate with open-source projects.

Kodi actually has quite a bit of a brand, as do all sorts of nonprofits and other FOSS projects. These days, having a brand is pretty critical for us, as it helps differentiate us from pirate addons, cheap chinese box manufacturers and many others, or at least, that's its primary purpose at the moment. Having a branded app store would do much the same thing. "Don't download crap addons, download official, awesome addons from KAOS or The Hive or whatever."

There's a difference between 'brand' (which is to say a registered trademark or similar, which is used by an organisation (whether a resisted corporation or otherwise) to represent the brand in question) and simply the brand in question. Whilst I'm not suggesting that such a simple definition is in effect in this scenario, it's important to remember that the definition between the funders and the users is not - necessarily - as clear as some might desire, there is a definitate split.
Call it "App Store That The Use Of Won't Get Your Forum Posts Binned"
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
"Banned" hahaha that should definitely help out the noobies.
Kodi is the brand. It's even registered as a trade mark.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So going on that what would you call kodi's app browser/store?
(2017-01-17, 09:47)smitchell6879 Wrote: So going on that what would you call kodi's app browser/store?

I doubt anyone from Team Kodi would participate with suggesting names .. in the event they actually decided to implement such a thing
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

(2017-01-17, 10:02)tornicade Wrote: I doubt anyone from Team Kodi would participate with suggesting names .. in the event they actually decided to implement such a thing
* da-anda wonders since when he's no team member anymore
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UNIPLEXhttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=300091 [RIP]10