Req Add movies/series without a scraper
TMDB is more lenient towards single episode tv shows and such
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Still, all this discussion about what you can/cannot do in adding stuff to themoviedb, thetvdb etc. is competely off topic of what the OP wants: just scrape everything that is a file to "Movies" if it is in a movies Folder, etc. ...

I don't really see why there is so much opposition to this for years now where it would be a simple on/off toggle option on scraping to make everyone happy about it...

Honestly, this is one of the many reasons why I switched to Plex as my HTPC backend - central metadata-editing on a PC, synchronized anything, transcoding for mobile/out of lan clients... AND - it adds files with names if it can't scrape it... I know emby has most of these features as well, and integrated with kodi better, but I never could get it to work right for my setup (aaand now I'm going wildly off-topic..)
Any updates on this?
Had again my montly "support visit" to fix/explain the "i have copied my bought DVD to NAS, but it doesn't show up" thingy...

I mean, the technical point behind this feature seems rather easy to fix (at least, from my low user POV knowledge)
Add everything to library, and overwrite metadata with scraper values? No?

Or is it more an ideology problem? To not let unscraped and pretty named items without pictures into the library?
The user would see this only as plus... and would not care if there is no picture... as long as it shows up.

(And no, i won't teach a non techie how to update his favorite 60's show on an internet databases - for our all sakes)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add movies/series without a scraper0