Req Watched Status, Play Count, Date Last Played
I recently finished watching every TV show I have on Kodi. This meant that the Watched Status for all shows, seasons and episodes were all ticked, and all episodes had a Play Count of 1 and a Date Last Played.

Today, I marked all TV Shows as Unwatched.

Unfortunately, this deleted all Play Counts and Date Last Played data. Now the Sort By Date Last Played has no data to sort on.

If I did not mark all shows as Unwatched then when I re-watched a program, it will become difficult remembering what episode I am upto as all episodes are marked Watched from the previous viewing.

Was clearing the extra data the intention when removing the Watched Status? Did I make a mistake in what I did? Or is this a bug?

Thanks.
Would I be correct in saying that in the database, there is no field for Watched Status. The Watched Status is activated by the Play Count entry. If Play Count is empty, then the show is not Watched. If Play Count is 1 or more, the show is Watched.

If this is correct, then what looks like two features, is only one feature. Rather, it is a choice of which feature you want to use. Either use the Watched Status to keep track of what episode you are upto (like a Resume Point), but your Play Count will never exceed 1, or use the Play Count to track how many times you watch a show/episode/movie, but the show is always marked as Watched making it more difficult to remember which episode you last watched (especially when watching multiple shows in rotation).

Is there any chance of separating the two features?
Yes, it acts like a single feature..hitting the unwatched toggles this

<playcount>1</playcount>
<lastplayed>2016-12-05</lastplayed>

to this; in the library

<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>

I guess the idea would be to export your watched list, prior to re-set. There's several add-ons that allow syncing of watched status over websites, like trakit etc. Add-on:WatchedList (wiki) Sounds like something to put in 'Feature Requests'. If you like I can move this thread into that forum.
Thank you for your response PatK.

Yes, that is just as I thought, after looking through the database.

Please move to Feature Requests as recommended.
(2016-12-16, 04:53)blossom24 Wrote: Thank you for your response PatK.

Yes, that is just as I thought, after looking through the database.

Please move to Feature Requests as recommended.

Just signup and install trak.tv addon

https://trakt.tv/home
If i understand correctly, for each episode or movie, Kodi has playcount and lastplayed within it's database (amoungst other stuff) and the 'watched status' flag is derived from playcount being > 0.
And once viewing is complete, playcount can be cleared when 'mark as unwatched' is seleted.

But it seems wrong to clear playcount and loose this historic information just to be able to clear the watched status flag.

Is it not possible to use an 'offset' when deriving if watched status flag should be displayed or not?
If so, selecting 'mark as unwatched' would increment the watchedoffset.
Then if playcount<watchedoffset then the watched status flag is not displayed while playcount>=watchedoffset then the watched status flag [b]is displayed[/s].
Whether one also needs an option to clear playcount, lastplayed and watchedoffset from the database is anyones guess but this could always be a global action for the tin foil brigade.
Wouldn't such a scenario resolve OP's issues?

IMHO, Playcount and watched status is a core feature of Kodi as i see it, so add-ons/websites are not a solution to resolving core features.

Oh, and as further food for thought, when sorting on playcount, it would be nice if the skin actually listed the playcount for the listed movies (confluence does not).
I'm a XBMC novice :)
IIRC the plan is to have a dedicated DB table to track the playback history, but this requires a DB restructuring and will take some time (it's being worked on)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched Status, Play Count, Date Last Played0