MIMIC 5.X doesn't look like the way it should
Hi,

MIMIC 5 doesn't look like the way it should on my Kodi : vertical menu has no opacity in background, each menu item is not in capital letters and everything seems scrambled, i don't know why.

I'm running Kodi 17 latest nightly. I updated from Mimic 4.x but deleted first the addon settings. I updated skin.helper to latest beta.

What did i do wrong ?

Thanx for your help !
That sounds about right, Mimic 5 is redesigned and the home screen doesn't look the same as v4. Post a screenshot if you think something is scrambled though.
Thanx, i will try to post some screenshots later.

Is there any options to turn off "Show widgets always" like it was before ?
Widgets are displayed all the time now, it was just too difficult to manage the background overlay on/off with that option.
My bad, with some settings, it looks like the way it should Wink

Thanx for your skin, it's my favorite, i really love it.

Just one last question : how do you get the TVNextAired addon to work, i don't get it ? I enabled it but i don't find where to get the infos about next aired shows,...
(2016-12-16, 13:17)jaydee99 Wrote: My bad, with some settings, it looks like the way it should Wink

Thanx for your skin, it's my favorite, i really love it.

Just one last question : how do you get the TVNextAired addon to work, i don't get it ? I enabled it but i don't find where to get the infos about next aired shows,...
The next aired info is on the video info dialog, press i on one of your shows. Or you can run the addon from the Programs section.
Hi, after the update I don't have window backgrounds anymore, so it is just text without any backgroundcolor, but therefore all the text has a "light shadow" like a 3d effect, that doesn't look good at all, what did i do wrong? I am using Kodi Krypton RC 2 and the latest Mimic addon to download.
(2017-01-07, 01:06)Cody Allen Wrote: Hi, after the update I don't have window backgrounds anymore, so it is just text without any backgroundcolor, but therefore all the text has a "light shadow" like a 3d effect, that doesn't look good at all, what did i do wrong? I am using Kodi Krypton RC 2 and the latest Mimic addon to download.
What do you mean "after the update"? Did you update from Kodi 16 Jarvis? Make sure the skin updated to Mimic 5.
I updated from Jarvis to Krypton and from mimic 3 to mimic 5, in particular to this version: https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/archive/master.zip (its from the sub menu thread within this thread) because the sub menu backgrounds are a feature i was looking for, thank you very much, btw!
But now i have a drop shadow like effect on all text (the effect has the same colour, doesn't matter what the text colour is like), and no background in every dialog windows that opens (so it is just text flying around).
So what i wanted to know is if you added some effect on the text (didnt have this in version 3) or if anything went wrong with my install (also because my main menu items still show up, but on the skin settings menu it tells me that there are no items. I didnt delete the old skin before, i just installed the new version from zip, can this be the reason? Thanks for your effort, yours is my favourite skin! (and it used to look awsome till now : )
Ah, I think it's because you don't have the latest color picker script installed. Try installing marcelveldt's beta repo from the link in the first post of the Mimic 5 thread, and install the helper scripts for color picker, widgets, and backgrounds.

You can also check in skin settings to make sure you have the scripts installed.
nope, have all the scripts installed and checked, still my text is with that "drop shadow", i reset my menu, still the same. I will delete the skin and try to set it up from scratch and take a look if it still appears.
(2017-01-08, 11:50)Cody Allen Wrote: nope, have all the scripts installed and checked, still my text is with that "drop shadow", i reset my menu, still the same. I will delete the skin and try to set it up from scratch and take a look if it still appears.
You said you have no background in dialogs, is that still happening? The text shadow is normal, it's defined for all labels in defaults.xml.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MIMIC 5.X doesn't look like the way it should0