How to make kodi simples as possible for older people?
My father is not that old but he always was lazy to deal with technology. he watch a lot of television, but in kodi, the playlist i use has a lot of things that interest him. so i was wanting to make this. he press a button turn in the computer, until the desktop load, and then kodi Automatically open in the last channel he was watching before. to he change channels i want him to press left arrow or right arrow on the keyboard, and up and down to change volume. and the channels he will watch, will be only channels on my favorites, to not give him any additional trouble. is possible to do it? im using iptv simple client.
POV: I should mention that technology/lazy/old is a terrible mix and a recipe for disaster. If he's already fitted up with some subscription TV, keep him on it and just supplement his viewing enjoyment with some portable storage solution.

Your question is better answered in http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215
I feel like the answer is 'A nice cable box and a remote with big buttons'.
KODI's main downside is the considerable learning curve. Either you're up to it or you're not. Maybe hold off until "KODI for Dummies" comes out. Seriously. Fragmentation of helpful information and rapid innovation add to the present confusion but I would expect this to change within a few years.
(2016-12-16, 00:49)PatK Wrote: POV: I should mention that technology/lazy/old is a terrible mix and a recipe for disaster. If he's already fitted up with some subscription TV, keep him on it and just supplement his viewing enjoyment with some portable storage solution.

Your question is better answered in http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215

so you recomend me to open the same thread on that area of the forum?
I'll move the entire thread to "PVR & Live TV Support" and see if that will garner a bit more enthusiasm, I doubt this area will collect more cognitive thoughts.

Moving thread [PatK]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make kodi simples as possible for older people?0