Getting into Dolby Atmos and need some advice.
I am looking to build an HTPC and would like to play Dolby Atmos movie files.Right now i have tried Roku and Fire TV and they do not pass the 7.1 hd. I am using the PS4 and plex right now. It sounds great but i am sick of having to use the game controller when all i use it for is to watch movies not play games. I would like to go back to an HTPC and go back to the KODI software. What would you recommend for the type of hardware i would need to purchase to get a great ATMOS sound and picture. Hope someone can lead me in the right direction.
For starters you need a audio setup that support it.
So a supporting receiver and the right amount of speakers.
If I'm not mistaking you need at least 5.1 and the 2 atmos speakers in your ceiling.

Then you can look at the next step what hardware to choose to play the media from.
That also depends if your device needs to store the media or does it only need to play it.
(If you got a server or a nas where you store your media on)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Get both Atmos and DTS-X on the Asrock Kaby Lake mini PC.

Sent from my HTC 10
Right now I have the pioneer Sc-95 receiver and all the atmos speakers. I just don't know what to pick as far as mother boards, processor, video card etc
(2016-12-16, 07:07)vid1953 Wrote: Right now I have the pioneer Sc-95 receiver and all the atmos speakers. I just don't know what to pick as far as mother boards, processor, video card etc

J4205-ITX or J3455-ITX
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Are you also going to store your media on it ?
Do you already have a case you want to use ?

I first looked which case I wanted to use.
I wanted a case that blended nice in the cabinet with the rest of my equipment.
So I choose a HTPC case that looks like a Blu-ray player.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Chromebox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You can even get ATMOS and X via cheap ($35-60) AMLogic S905 and S905X boxes using LibreELEC. 4K is hobbled at 8-bit, and S905X is only 100M LAN. Thread here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
100M is not a problem for a media player.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For 4K it may as some videos may hit peaks near 128 Mbps. 100M is 12.5 megabytes/sec, and you'd need 16 megabytes/sec for 128 Mbps (megabit/sec) if I'm correct.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
now on intel works HEVC 10bit Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting into Dolby Atmos and need some advice.0