Extend XBMC KAI/XLink implementation
now im not sure if there is an app or program that already does this but implementing some kind of live chat for communication in xbmc would just be icing on the cake.

this would be ideal for gamers to set up games,chat,etc before playing all right on the xbox & tv rather then having to have a pc and monitor near them. i know of a ton of people that have to run back and forth between setting up onling games with xbconnect,etc then back to the tv to play. i know u can do this sorta already right in xbmc but to put in a chat as well would be nice..

just a thought and i think this would be a huge improvment to whats already there.
this is my wish:

full kai/xlink on xbox only, no more launcher on pc.

whyHuh

i have a lot of friends with macos who want to play ....

i don't want chat only full implementation of kai client/kai engine or server.

thanks!!!
(crjack @ april 26 2004,04:57 Wrote:this is my wish:

full kai/xlink on xbox only, no more launcher on pc.

whyHuh

i have a lot of friends with macos who want to play ....

i don't want chat only full implementation of kai client/kai engine or server.

thanks!!!
this is not poible. you always will need a pc to tunnel the trafic.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Exclamation 
(hullebulle @ april 26 2004,08:23 Wrote:this is not possible. you will always need a pc to tunnel the traffic.
maybe (in theory?) the pc-tunnel part could be implemented into a xbox-bios? (no, not by us, but maybe by team-xecuter?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
why not Huh does xbox-live need something to be installed on pc Huh

thanks!
(crjack @ april 27 2004,18:10 Wrote:why not Huh  does xbox-live need something to be installed on pc Huh

thanks!
xbox live has the software to connect to play online in every xbox live game...

xbconnect and xboxlink uses link play wich is not supposed to be working online =) so there is where the pc comes in and makes the magic =)
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
xlink kai in xbmc is in need of three features for superior app status.

1) text chat via keyboard using usb->xbox dongle or the phantasy star online usb dongle.

2) the ability to see sub-arenas

3) being able to launch games on hdd w/o leaving xlink interface as u have to do now.

and lastly maybe, running the xlink kai engine right on the xbox w/ no need for a computer, but they may be asking too much.....hehe
i know that if you press the "back" button you can load a game from the hd and play on xlink, but most newbies don't know this, would it be possible in the near future to add a button to load games from hd ?
heh, if the so called "newbies" would know how to search for say an obscure word like xlink they would now have the answer in your post, no? Wink
i cant believe how much better kai is than xbc i just got a pro account and i think its rubbish. :bowdown: we bowdown to the kai and xbmc team 4 this cant wait till its running perfect. full support etc. would also b cool to b able to view sub arenas etc but i think thats yet to come. i think kai and xbmc combined is far better than xbc or nexbc.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
kai is awesome... xbmc & kai is every multiplayers dream. xbmc "is what the xbox should have been"

take notes mr.gates!
the best option for kai is that is indead fully integrated in bios or xbmc.

i thought about it, and i think it should be possible to make xbmc (and the bios) working without ever using a pc. read on.... Cool

xbox live games make use of an external server from ms. the software on xbox (games) are programmed to worok with it. so far, so good.
multilink for other instance is used to link direct 2 or more xboxes together.

in principle the gui of kai xlink is already working now in xbmc. so inviting and selecting arena's and games is possible right now (with xbmc builds from 11-11-2004)....
at this stage xbmc communicates with you're pc, where the kai server is running. this server 'handles' all xbox traffic, and redirects it to the internet (another ip).

so, at this stage..., it must be possible to get a integrated kai server running also in xbmc (python script?).

but then leaves this the real problem, that once a game starts; xbmc is leaved (no running anymore). so the xbox kai server is also not running anymore, and the networktraffic is not redirected anymore to the www.

still, there is in theory a possibility to get kai xlink server on xbox working in this way, when running a game!

>>> the xbmc server has to handle all traffic to the kai xlink network. this kai network-server connects/transfers all links to each other. so that users can find each other, join a specific arena, chat and uses the real ip adres of the other player.
..... >>> at this moment the kai server is handle all traffic between xbox 1 and xbox 2 throught the www.

we also know the kai server ip adres. right?
normally xbox uses with multilink games only a local ip in the 127.0.0.xxx range (or something like this), but not a real www ip. for using it in the games, it doens't matter really, those different ip's work just the same (only the location of users is different....)

if we patch the game with the kai server ip, instead of the standard ip multilink uses; then the game would connect to the kai server right? and this kai server knows were the traffic must be send to and from...

this ip patching could be done just before the game starts; right after the moment when you press the launching button for instance.

as long as the game sends and receives traffic form the kai server, it just works ok. even if xbmc (and the kai server on xbox) is down. right?!

now, are my thoughts correct or am i missing a point?!
these questions are also raised on the xlink board. (a more suitable place i think as xbmc "merely" integrates kai into xbmc and doesn't do anything new with it.)
search over there and you will find out this itsn't possible.
Smile 
i'm not sure if this belongs here or in the kai forum, but hopefully it's in the right place. the enhanced xlink support in xbmc is just awesome and i can't say enough good things about it. however i humbly offer this suggestion which might help improve an already great feature.

for popular games, sometimes the arena list can be rather long. i would love to see shoulder button support added to the xlink browser so that you can quickly scroll through the list of users and arenas. ideally this would make use of the analog sensitivity like the rest of xbmc, and scroll at different speeds depending on how much you press the trigger.

if this were added i know i'd never be able to pull myself away from my xbox. however whether it gets added or not i still want to say 'great job' to the talented developers of this project!

best regards,

-y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extend XBMC KAI/XLink implementation0