HDHomerun terrible performance
Is there something seriously wrong with this plugin? I get constant dropped audio, choppy video and quite often buffering. Why the hell is it buffering when it's all on my internal network? It IS operating over wifi currently but the router is new and high performance (ASUS RT-N66 - Dual Band up to 900 Mbps) and has zero problems streaming movies and tv off our NAS or via Netflix/Amazon Prime.

I did try to setup PVR capability on it a couple weeks ago but could never get it working, I disabled/uninstalled all that though so I don't think it's that. I've also upgraded to the latest version of the HDHomerun plugin. I'm on Jarvis. Any ideas what to try for this?
Perhaps provide a link to your http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log ?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thread moved to the hdhomerun section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Is this the HDHomeRun View video addon you are having problems with, or the PVR client? The mods keep moving the video addon threads into the PVR thread, and it makes it difficult to offer support
(2016-12-16, 20:22)rpcameron Wrote: Is this the HDHomeRun View video addon you are having problems with, or the PVR client? The mods keep moving the video addon threads into the PVR thread, and it makes it difficult to offer support

Just the video add-on. I did try to configure the PVR client, but no luck so I uninstalled that. I also uninstalled the video add-on and re-installed as well as downgrading to a previous version, always the same issue.
Are you on the current firmware? 20161117/20161119 is the current version of the firmware.

SD has been changing their backend/DNS, which normally would not matter, except the HDHR devices must communicate with SD's servers in order to receive their DeviceAuth tokens. As SD continues to muck with their backend, tweaking and constantly updating the firmware seems to be only way keep the devices functioning properly.
(2016-12-17, 00:57)rpcameron Wrote: Are you on the current firmware? 20161117/20161119 is the current version of the firmware.

SD has been changing their backend/DNS, which normally would not matter, except the HDHR devices must communicate with SD's servers in order to receive their DeviceAuth tokens. As SD continues to muck with their backend, tweaking and constantly updating the firmware seems to be only way keep the devices functioning properly.

No, that's a good thought, I'll update the firmware on the device today and post back
Updated the firmware to version 20161119.

Unfortunately all the same problems persist...the most pronounced is that I get video with no audio at all (or it comes in a bit then drops out completely for minutes on end). This is really frustrating because when I first set the unit up it worked pretty much seamlessly (except for the occasional blip that would only last 1-2 secs). Now it does it on all channels, really annoying.
@snafu7x7 does this happen in other hdhomerun applications? say the official one to see if it is an issue? easiest method to test is by connecting a device via ethernet to see if it continues to under perform.

official support ticket if so : https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/
(2016-12-17, 18:00)bry Wrote: @snafu7x7 does this happen in other hdhomerun applications? say the official one to see if it is an issue? easiest method to test is by connecting a device via ethernet to see if it continues to under perform.

official support ticket if so : https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/

Weird, I tried it on the HDHomerun VIEW app and the audio comes in perfect but with no video (just black screen) ...I can't win Smile

Although I can't see anything it doesn't seem to be stuttering the way it does in Kodi, the audio seems smooth...I just can't see anything unfortunately

UPDATE: Installed the VIEW app on my laptop and it seems to work fine so it suggests that the Kodi plugin is probably to blame, though I now have to figure out why the HTPC doesn't work...
Do you have wired or wifi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-18, 05:06)nickr Wrote: Do you have wired or wifi?

Wifi. Look at my first post for all the details.
UPDATE 2: I managed to get the HDHomerun VIEW app working after doing some research over on the SD site. The difference for me was that my HTPC has WIN7 ver N installed which means it is not packaged with Media Center and all that stuff.

You have to install it separately, (which I did), just to get the app to launch...but still the black screen with just audio on that machine. What I wound up doing was in the HDHomerun config I had to change the transcoding profile to "None". This works perfectly in the VIEW app. Interestingly, it also seems to improve the performance within Kodi as well but it's still choppy and pixelated sporadically and it drops out whereas it does not in the VIEW app.
Do you have the ability to use a ethernet cable? Maybe with a powerline adapter
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-12-18, 17:12)bry Wrote: Do you have the ability to use a ethernet cable? Maybe with a powerline adapter

No, that is the long term plan when we renovate but for now it is wifi only for this room.

Did you read my introductory post? It's NOT the wifi that is the weak link here. If that were the case I would have stuttering and poor performance across everything else, not only HDHomerun thru Kodi. Why do Netflix and Amazon Prime stream seamlessly? Why do HD movies and TV stream seamlessly over WIFI thru Kodi from our NAS? And most importantly, why does it work as it should in the HDHomerun VIEW app but not in Kodi? It's a high bandwidth router with a strong signal...it can certainly be improved by ethernet but it's not the culprit here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun terrible performance0