Bug Kodi 17 Beta 6 Mac OSX Recognizes DualShock4 - but certain buttons will not map
Just wanting to try and help out with testing the latest Beta build of Kodi 17 and reporting some things I came across.

I pair a Sony Dual Shock 4 controller to my Mac Mini using bluetooth and Kodi 17 recognized that the controller was present right away!
After being prompted to configure the controller I went into the menu where it showed the "Kodi" Controller, which is pretty much an Xbox 360 Controller illustration and button mapping configuration options.

This is where things got a lil odd.

I was able to map the face buttons for X Circle Triangle Square (as A,B,X,Y) - the Share and Options buttons (as Start & Back), R3 & L3 (the analog sticks as button presses)- the Right and Left Triggers and Shoulder buttons all successfully.

The part that was messing up seemed to be that no D-Pad button presses were registering. Also for Right Left Up Down, I could only map either the left or right analog stick. A DualShock4 specific configuration would be nice! I saw that there were other pads available which was really cool. The D-Pad button presses might need to be looked at since I could not get any to register. But if I mapped the left analog stick, I could navigate through Kodi no problems - everything was very slick and smooth. The gamepad addition is a great touch! Kodi 17 is looking fantastic.

Hope this is some help, I would love to contribute to the correct thread or some other way by testing more. Sorry if this is the wrong way to report such things.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 Beta 6 Mac OSX Recognizes DualShock4 - but certain buttons will not map0