Krypton Beta 7 IOS
Pastebin please ... I start working again when users start to read how to post logs properly *sigh*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphis, Here is the pastebin. Thanks
http://pastebin.com/mRpPvAgN
Please turn on all components debugging options and post a new log

Code:
19:09:48.014 T:426569728 ERROR: Decode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure

I am missing the context of that error because of insufficient debug info in that log.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I turned on Kodi debugging. Here is the new log.

https://pastebin.com/zYayU10N
Well this is a bug in ffmpeg. For some reason ffmpeg decides to enable the hardware decoder for this stream but the hardware decoder fails during decoding. This needs to be reported to ffmpeg imo. You could turn off vtb decoding in videoplayer settings but i guess this is not an option for you.
(2017-03-30, 11:32)Memphiz Wrote: Well this is a bug in ffmpeg. For some reason ffmpeg decides to enable the hardware decoder for this stream but the hardware decoder fails during decoding. This needs to be reported to ffmpeg imo. You could turn off vtb decoding in videoplayer settings but i guess this is not an option for you.

If I turn off vtb decoding the video stutters bad. Hopefully this can be fixed. It's a major bug. Most live streams are m3u8
I'm staying on Jarvis since I don't have any crashes on m3u8 until this major bug is fixed in krypton
And i said this major bug needs fixing in ffmpeg...
(2017-03-31, 07:35)Memphiz Wrote: And i said this major bug needs fixing in ffmpeg...

Are you submitting the bug report to ffmpeg?
I tested krypton builds beta 1,2,3 and 4 and they both played m3u8 fine with VTB enabled. Then i tried krypton beta 5 and m3u8 stream crashed kodi. It looks like something changed in ffmpeg starting in Krypton beta 5 that is causing this bug.
Thx for testing and figuring that information out Smile
i guess current kodi 18.0 nightly builds still show this crash for you right?
(2017-04-03, 18:40)Memphiz Wrote: i guess current kodi 18.0 nightly builds still show this crash for you right?

I just tested the current Kodi 18.0 nighty build and m3u8 still crashes.
Memphiz, I can test any build. Let me know.
Nothing to test - the developer in charge hopes this will vanish again once a bigger part of the new videoplayer + ffmpeg update is merged back from the agile development branch into master.
M3u8 playback is fixed in the lastest nightly. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Beta 7 IOS0