Valid Kodi add-ons
I put my trust in the internet and got blind sided.

After conversing back an forth with a couple of people about a problem I had encountered I was informed that I had been using a couple of banned add-ons/repositorys..

So in order to rectify this situation would someone please give me the name of a supported repository & add-on which I can use to watch old TV programs which I had picked up using the banned ones.

Thanks
How old are the programs you wish to watch? If you're looking for old black and white stuff, I've put together a couple of add-ons that may interest you. You should also look through the forums for add-ons from @learningit.

And you should probably edit your post to remove the stuff in parenthesis. This thread might get trashed just because of those couple of words.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
The lesson has been learned and the banned addons (wiki) removed, so it's a valid question that can stay.

As @MetalChris says, there are a few addons around which may help (even the YouTube one perhaps too), but if you can be more specific it would help.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The list would be extremely long, at last count I have over 150 programs. Westerns (Bonanza, Gun Smoke, Lone Ranger, etc). Dramas (Hart to Hart, Route 66, Colombo, etc). Programs as far back as the late 1940's. Almost everything I could think of from 1949 onward. Black&White and Colour.
take a look at MetalChris repo.
(2016-12-21, 06:12)cdn150 Wrote: The list would be extremely long, at last count I have over 150 programs. Westerns (Bonanza, Gun Smoke, Lone Ranger, etc). Dramas (Hart to Hart, Route 66, Colombo, etc). Programs as far back as the late 1940's. Almost everything I could think of from 1949 onward. Black&White and Colour.

You must understand also that just because a show is considered "old" does not mean it will be freely available to stream. Many classic shows still have great financial value to the copyright holders and are available of subscription service such as Hulu, Netflix and Amazon etc.

One website I use to find out where a particular movie or TV show may be legally available to stream or purchase is "justwatch.com". It is a great little indexer site for almost everything. If it's available somewhere it is usually listed there.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
IDK -- it seems like sites like "justwatch" do not vet streaming sites to determine what is "legally available", rather they are a search engine for pre-approved sites, most of which are subscription-based. No doubt this is per their business models.

scott s.
(2016-12-21, 23:38)scott967 Wrote: IDK -- it seems like sites like "justwatch" do not vet streaming sites to determine what is "legally available", rather they are a search engine for pre-approved sites, most of which are subscription-based. No doubt this is per their business models.

scott s.

It covers commercial services not dodgy streaming sites. If it's not listed then it's likely not legally available. Yes most are either subscription or for individual purchase or rent. Most commercially available mainstream content is not free Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-12-21, 06:12)cdn150 Wrote: The list would be extremely long, at last count I have over 150 programs. Westerns (Bonanza, Gun Smoke, Lone Ranger, etc). Dramas (Hart to Hart, Route 66, Colombo, etc). Programs as far back as the late 1940's. Almost everything I could think of from 1949 onward. Black&White and Colour.

You'll find at least some of what you are looking for in my Rerun Century add-on (check the link in my signature). I know there are ~30 episodes of Bonanza, as well as a few episodes from other old westerns. There's 175 different shows available from various genres, though only about 40 of those have more than 10 episodes available. Rerun Century does a nice job of organizing public domain television episodes that are hosted by the Internet Archive.

You'll also find a lot of old, public domain movies in my Internet Archive [Video] add-on. Mostly b movies and a lot of film noir if you're into that type of programming. I sometimes get a kick out of watching the old TV commercials.

You should also install the MeTV add-on from @learningit. There's a great deal of classic TV programming available there too.

(2016-12-21, 10:06)peppe_sr Wrote: take a look at MetalChris repo.

Thanks for recommending my stuff! Smile
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Hi,
What about Television show of the 80's?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Valid Kodi add-ons0