OpenSubTitles.org making a mess of things
so, i was looking for subtitles for the highly popular "the killing tv show" using the latest official kodi opensubtitles add on (complete with working username and psw), to my surprise none were found, not even in English, while i know for a fact that subs for the killing are all over the internet.
I tried a manual search on opensubs and sure enough i found the right subs in my native language dutch.
but downloading was a real pain in the ass although i do have an account there for years, i needed to click the "I'm not a robot" button and immediately got redirected to an advertisement page in a new tab.
switching back to the "I'm not a robot" page I needed to click again to confirm I was not a robot and got the captcha, clicking the captcha got me another redirect to an advertisement page in a new tab. all in all i think i needed to go through at least five redirects to get one sub to download.
the guys at opensubs are really making a mess of their website, which makes me wonder are these still the same guys that provided us with excellent subs for many years now, or has there been a hostile take over by some advertisement company who try to monetize the site, and is it time to say goodby to opensubtitles.org.
just my thoughts on the soap like story of pestering and annoying the users that is developing on the site lately.
I'm very glad to say things have improved considerably over the last few days.
I now am a V.I.P. member with my old credentials (as a Christmas gift) and manual searching and downloading is as it used to be.
No more annoying redirects nor advertisement popups or windows.
So thank you guys from OpenSubTitles.org, seems you only needed some time to get the site working well again.

Sorry for the rant above.

Cheers and keep up the good work, and thanks for all the past years you provided me with excellent subs.

And a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
So is the improvement from upgrading your account or from the site being changed?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is this post a hidden advertisement for OST VIP status?
(2016-12-25, 09:49)nickr Wrote: So is the improvement from upgrading your account or from the site being changed?

it's both, when i download a sub without being logged in I get one new advertisement popup and when I then click the download button I get redirected to an advertisement page and the download starts.
(2016-12-25, 11:35)HeresJohnny Wrote: Is this post a hidden advertisement for OST VIP status?

I hate advertisements, I'm an internet user since 1993 and advertisements were a no go in those days.
So no, this is not "a hidden advertisement for OST VIP status".
The VIP status came for free with a little popup stating it was a Christmas gift, I never paid anything to OST only signed up for a free account a long time ago.
a little update on OST subs,
when downloaded with the kodi ost add-on all BS is removed from the subs.
lines like "become a ost member" or "rate this sub" are removed, which is a good thing.

the bad thing is that also the names of the subs creators and sync-ers are removed.
having done some subs myself in the past i know how much time and effort it takes to create subs
and like open-source software once its out on the internet everyone can do with it as he likes
but you ALWAYS give credit to the original creator and never remove the credits from the source

so i hope you guys from Opendubtitles.org are reading this, and rethink your policy on removing
the names of the original creators and sync-ers.
Best would be to report it on the OS forum itself

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
again a little update on OST subs,
downloaded several subs today and i am very glad to see the credits are back in again.
thank you guys from Opendubtitles.org.

and for those of you who want to remove the credits themselves, you can easily do so by opening an SRT file in a text editor and remove the lines you don't want.
also there is a little Windows freeware program from URUSoft called "subtitle workshop" that can do all sorts of things with subtitles, i myself mainly use it to sync subs.
i'm using an old version 2.51 that is no longer available on their site, but is still floating around on the net, just make sure you download it from a trusted source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenSubTitles.org making a mess of things0