• 4(current)
Green screen instead of video with ATI/AMD graphics
I got the same problem, however, my laptop has an ATI Xpress 1150, which isn't supported by the Gutsy Restricted drivers, only the Envy drivers or the Hardy Restricted drivers, but both of those cause the video issues already described (video in upper left corner). If anyone has any ideas as to what I could try that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
i would just like to add a 'me too'; i'm running ubuntu hardy with the restricted flgrx drivers. with the 'High Quality Pixel Shader' render method, i get a green screen with video, with any other setting, i get the same as ajje with a funny ghosted image with bad colour and a pip of the main video in the top left corner occupying about a quarter of the screen.

i've been using xbmc for years on my xbox, but i would really like to this this working on my ubuntu box for hd.... so close!
Did you try the latest SVN and all the latest updates to Hardy? I thought of trying that since the SVN updates so regularily in the hopes that maybe someone fixed this, but if you've tried the latest SVN and latest updates to Hardy ... no point in me trying it too.

Thanks,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Did you try the latest SVN and all the latest updates to Hardy? I thought of trying that since the SVN updates so regularily in the hopes that maybe someone fixed this, but if you've tried the latest SVN and latest updates to Hardy ... no point in me trying it too.

Thanks,
Harry

I tried the latest svn as of Sunday and I got the green screen. All my packages and drivers are up to date as well.
Thanks for the heads up. Btw, have you tried looking thru the xbmc log file to see if there's anything in there that might shed some light?

Thanks,
Harry
I noticed that ATI has release version 8.5 of their drivers. The latest Ubuntu package with the drivers is only 8.3. Has anyone tried manually installing the latest 8.5 drivers and see if this fixes the issue? I believe you can use Envy to make the install simpler. I'd try all of this myself, but I've reconfigured my laptop for Windows for the time being until someone resolves this issue on linux.

Thanks,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:I noticed that ATI has release version 8.5 of their drivers. The latest Ubuntu package with the drivers is only 8.3. Has anyone tried manually installing the latest 8.5 drivers and see if this fixes the issue? I believe you can use Envy to make the install simpler. I'd try all of this myself, but I've reconfigured my laptop for Windows for the time being until someone resolves this issue on linux.

Thanks,
Harry

yes....same problem.
ajje Wrote:Deleted the XBMC Dir and did a fresh build today.
Now i see the video but it is in Greyscale and unzoomed up in the left-top corner:
I see no errors in XBMC.log.
I've tried Fullscreen.
Ati Radeon X300 and restricted drivers, ran envy a couple of days ago...
This is from the Console:
Code:
WARNING: The XBMC_HOME environment variable is not set.
++ WARN: could not retrieve file info for `image.nrg': No such file or directory
++ WARN: can't open nrg image file image.nrg for reading
CritSect[0x0x8aca664] WARNING: Some other thread trying to leave our critical section.
CritSect[0x0x8aca664] WARNING: Some other thread trying to leave our critical section.
CRITSEC[0x0x8aca664]: Trying to enter destroyed section.
CRITSEC[0x0x8aca664]: Trying to exit destroyed section.
CRITSEC[0x0x8aca664]: Trying to restore destroyed section.

I've the same problem of visualization with hardy heron , 2.6.24.18, ati restricted 8.5 (8.493.1) radeon 9600pro 256mb CPU i386.
i've uninstalled ati catalyst 8.5 (8.493.1) and i've installed ati proprietary from synaptic restricted driver manager (8.3 in hardy heron), nothing's changed.
AAAAH!!!
darkham:
I know what that error comes from. Thought this thread was only for greenscreen, also thought that bug was only for windows opengl driver. Interesting that it is the same on linux.

d4rk if you read this, by remapping the texture order in the vertexshader when rect textures are in use. to be 0 = 2, 1 = 0, 2 = 0 that issue goes away.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you ... finally got the attention of a developer ... I can't wait until this get's fixed in the SVN ... thank you so much for finding what the problem was ... I can't wait to switch my laptop over to linux again Smile

Thanks again,
Harry

P.S. If possible, if one of the developers could post back here to let us know when this change has been made in the SVN and I'm sure there will be a good handful of users ready and willing to try out the fix.
elupus Wrote:AAAAH!!!
darkham:
I know what that error comes from. Thought this thread was only for greenscreen, also thought that bug was only for windows opengl driver. Interesting that it is the same on linux.

d4rk if you read this, by remapping the texture order in the vertexshader when rect textures are in use. to be 0 = 2, 1 = 0, 2 = 0 that issue goes away.

How can i do that? Shocked
d4rk, if you fix this, a nobel nomination are your!!!!
Unfortunately I can't until the 19th, because I won't have access to ATI cards before then.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Ati users, the countdown begins! Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green screen instead of video with ATI/AMD graphics3