Kodi compiling
Hello Kodi community, I followed the "How to compile Kodi on windows tutorial" but i have a question regarding compiling Kodi into .apk.

I want to install it on my TV but i want to customize the Video and Music paths because i find their default target really annoying while using the Kore Remote.

Is there a way to compile it into an .apk while using Visual Studio? I did search online but my options are limited regarding the project.

If not, should i follow the Ubuntu tutorial? I noticed the Android tutorial is written for Ubuntu.

Thanks and have a nice day.
You can't cross compile via VisualStudio, so yes, follow the Ubuntu tutorial. But if it's only skin changes you'd like to do (change the paths the menu items of the skin point to), you don't have to compile anything. All you need to do is to grab the skin sources, adjust them, create a zip and use the "install from zip" feature in our add-on manager.
Thanks, so I've started the android tutorial on Ubuntu and I have 2 issues:
1. With what program can i change some code?
2. When i run the command $ make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc I get errors on bootstrap even though bootstrap should've been configured from previous commands.

Thank you !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi compiling0