Req Blur burnt-in / encoded video subtitles
Hi,

a kind festure request, that might be usefull to others:

as many videos have hard-coded subtitles that can't be disabled, it would be useful to blur those using the colours of the pixels next to the text. I remember this feature from other software to remove TV network logos from TV recordings. the result was not perfect but would be enough to use the subtitles wanted by the user instead coming from a subtitle database.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Emperorrulez
I would get better sources for your content.
This is certainly well out of the scope of what someone should expect from a HTPC platform...
(2016-12-23, 13:44)emperorrulez Wrote: Hi,

a kind festure request, that might be usefull to others:

as many videos have hard-coded subtitles that can't be disabled, it would be useful to blur those using the colours of the pixels next to the text. I remember this feature from other software to remove TV network logos from TV recordings. the result was not perfect but would be enough to use the subtitles wanted by the user instead coming from a subtitle database.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Emperorrulez

Most (if any) legitimate content does not have hard coded subtitles. I suspect what you are saying is that you are watching pirated sources recorded illegally in foreign cinemas as your main source of content. So as you can imagine this won't be feature that will gain much support here.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blur burnt-in / encoded video subtitles0