Firestick and PVR
Hi, I am very much a newby to all of this, so sorry if this is a daft question, but....

I am in the UK and have a Firestick plugged into an older large screen TV and working well now. It has KODI 16.1 installed. I did have lots of issues with it seeming to loose access to my wifi AP, but that now seems to have resolved itself. I notice in the KODI's settings a mention of PVR, is there some way to enable the PVR please? I have a 1Tb Buffalo USB hard drive, plugged into a USB port on the router, which is accessible to other items on the LAN.

I saw mention of being able to backup the Firestick (or maybe just KODI), where / how would it back itself up to please?
http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR
I'm really confused. I've read the pvr article loads of times and still can't make heads nor tails of it. Can you advise what the best pvr to get is please? I'm in the UK and currently have sky that I'm looking to be rid of
The PVR you use depends upon what you are running it on and what TV tuning hardware you are using. The PVR is software that runs outside of Kodi and is separate from it. Also, you need physical tuning hardware to be able to receive your channels.

Kodi is not a magical application that grants you free TV viewing access. Generally, you need to be able to view your TV channels from computers on your network without Kodi. If you could do this before you got Kodi, then you can probably do it with Kodi too. But if you couldn't access those channels before, nothing has really changed that will give you the ability to do so now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Firestick and PVR0