Trouble with VDR client on Android
I have an OpenELEC server set up, which is working fine, running a VDR back end.
On a Windows machine, I can configure a VDR VNSI client and everything works great.
However, on Android, if I go through exactly the same process of configuring the VDR client, nothing happens. I don't get the TV and Radio options appear in the main menu.
Does anyone have any tips for what I can look at? The log (accessible from the Kodi main interface) doesn't show any errors.
What says the vdr server log?

What vdr server version does your openelec server use?

Are there any differences between vdr addon versions for windows and android?

In the past I had a similar issue with two of my clients. Did it ever work with your android client? It maybe helps to delete the tv29.db on your android tv.

Merry Christmas!
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Tongue 
I have exactly same issue in slightly different setup. My VDR is running on Ubuntu Linux and that is consumed via RasPi Libreelec Kodi/VNSI package. This part works all the time smoothly. When latest Kodi is installed to Android tablet things works smoothly here and then but most of the time everything gets jammed to "Starting PVR Manager" message and nothing happens. From server side logs I see that something is connected but things will not proceed anywhere with Android Kodi/VNSI variant. TV29.db is seen on Android logs so I will gave a shot with that which solved the problem.

In nutshell my case is this:
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/172

And to fix that following tricks was needed.

1) Stop VDR to update channels by editing vdr setup.conf file
2) Delete TV29.db file in Android Kodi

Now next thing is to study was this issue fixed and am I seeing now a not so recent Android Kodi build issue or something that is not yet fixed at all.
(2017-01-23, 12:35)tikola Wrote: Now next thing is to study was this issue fixed and am I seeing now a not so recent Android Kodi build issue or something that is not yet fixed at all.

Not fixed yet (late January 2017 - look the last rows):

10544 (PR)
Since I configured "UpdateChannels = 0" in "/etc/vdr/setup.conf" I didn't have the error again. I already documented it here:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issu...-238494601

Maybe you can also use this as workaround.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
I did that and it works - on the other hand I would like to let VDR update channels automatically when new ones comes so this "update channels = 0" is a decent workaround but not optimal solution for a long run.

The weird part is that it has happened on my setup in two separate android devices but never in RasPi. So Android plays some role in this issue - it is not generic issue in all platforms.

timo
Yes, it's not optimal. If you are a developer, you can help to solve the issue. If not, you can be happy to have a proper workaround. Wink

The problem is not only related to android. I also had this issue with two windows 10 clients (kodi 16.0 and 16.1) and with a libreelec client (kodi 16.1).

I don't know if it is solved for krypton. Maybe you can ask for a fix at github.

Greetings Hoppel

I am not a developer, just user so I will be happy. I have made some documentation updates but never the code itself. Could be that someday I will be ready for code too but until that I am happy consumer and contributor. In nutshell this case seemed such that something weird happens in database and it is hard for skilled persons to figure out what. So fix did not sound very simple or obvious either. Pretty much like VDR epgserach which seems to be like a well working black box to most of VDR developers and limits going to VDR 2.3.x from current stable 2.2.x world.

My input for this excact case is that in Android tablets it happens more or less systematically (two separate tablets) but in RasPi it never happens - or at least it has never happened on my couple RasPis over the years.

So at the moment my skills focus on learning the GitHub system and understanding case statuses there. Thats why it was not clear to me was it fixed or not. It is new system for me but process is familiar as I do the same thing on commercial side on daily basis as doing local software support for global software. So debugging and isolating issues - that is my strenght that might be immediately usable here too - we will see. Meanwhile updates of channels is manual in my VDR.
Seems to be fixed in Leia. So my same old Android 5 tablet that failed to work with any 17 version Krypton Kodi seems to load channels from VNSI without probles in Kodi 18 alpha. So all good here this case is most likely solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with VDR client on Android0