• 9(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
That colour matching look really nice!

I wonder if you should colour match the actual list especially seeing as the other window assets like the letter strip and clock and item count match.

To my eyes it looks a little off when the background is a warm colour (like the brown on the Madonna one) but the list retains a cool grey colour -- maybe a slight transparency to the list so that the background colour can come through a little?

Just a suggestion considering the high attention to detail that is going into this! Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I need this in my life. This seriously is the first skin that really blows me away.

Is there a way I we can buy you a beer? Does alcohol even make you work faster? It works for me... Otherwise you get some coffee Big Grin
Very cool, i've been missing an A-Z view for years Smile

Is it navigable at all by clicking the letters?
(2017-01-20, 03:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: That colour matching look really nice!

I wonder if you should colour match the actual list especially seeing as the other window assets like the letter strip and clock and item count match.

The idea is that it's an ambient change, which only works if key focal points are consistent throughout. It might look incongrous in screens but works in practice when the surrounding colours fade in and out as you select new tunes. If someone a psychedelic list view then they can always make a mod.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
(2017-01-19, 20:41)djh_ Wrote: Things are progressing faster than expected, so have some more stuff. This is all grabbed live from Kodi.

The context menus are very much WIP in terms of content and functionality, but you get the idea. The plan is to have two context menu schemes you can switch between, this one being the 'Presentation' scheme. It's all about minimal options for casual use. The other one - let's call it 'Classic' - will be the usual Kodi-style context menus with whatever options would normally appear, albeit without the clumsy-looking 'pop over' effect you'd normally see.

Hi DJH

I've been searching for that Edge of Tomorrow image since you posted the screenshot but have been unable to find a 1080p version. Could you share the image or a link to it?
@Kokonutcreme, you have PM.
(2017-01-19, 22:41)djh_ Wrote: Can't really as it needs to be finalised first. I'm currently debating whether to use a single carefully structured art resource for all media, or have it scattered around a bit more. The last thing I want is for people to start preparing something that's obsolete a few days later.
Is there a reason you can't use the [extrafanart] folder that some already use? People who are already looking for this type of feature would probably have numerous alternative artworks in this folder already.
The reason is that none of the artwork Aeon uses for Movies is 16:9, which means that none of the artwork stored in extrafanart is valid.
Wasn't there a project by the team to support more than one file per art type ? As in, more than one poster for example ?
I don't think that got in yet, but it might just be the time to think about it again and this skin might just be the excuse to implement it that some devs are waiting for.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2017-01-21, 16:00)Maxoo Wrote: Wasn't there a project by the team to support more than one file per art type ? As in, more than one poster for example ?
I don't think that got in yet, but it might just be the time to think about it again and this skin might just be the excuse to implement it that some devs are waiting for.

I asked on ArtworkDownloader thread whether they could make /extraposters/ to store mulitple posters, wasn't a reply last time i looked ...
(2017-01-21, 17:11)badaas Wrote: I asked on ArtworkDownloader thread whether they could make /extraposters/ to store mulitple posters, wasn't a reply last time i looked ...

Because I liked to keep alternate versions of movie posters I created a subfolder called extraPosters for every movie in my collection. Depending on DJH's plan for displaying multi-images it could prove useful.
I'm liking the looks of this! Great work!!

Here's an early look at Settings. I wanted a more honest nuts-and-bolts look to contrast with the proper front-end, and it already works really well, especially coming back out of it. If the front-of-house stuff is Prometheus, this is Alien - or something. I'll see myself out.

Wow it looks amazing, but I'm wondering if the size of the font will be big enough for any kind of screens.
Nice layout but being colourblind the non-focused labels are hard to see against the background.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30