no music added.. the music main menu item does not appear
Disregard please.

[continuing discussion and further information added makes the 'solved' tag inappropriate and necessitated the title change ] PatK
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Well, I deleted every single thing with Kodi, databases, user directory, thumbs and all.. they were getting too big. So I rebuilt everything.. and all is well but music..

If you have no music added.. the music main menu item does not appear.. this is the same with music videos, movies and tv shows.. I figured out the videos part, but how do I scrape my music, if the main menu item of "music" won't appear if I don't actually have music added lol?

Edit, figured it out.. remove then re-add music.. pain but it works.. only way it does Ive seen.
Logo's Made So Far:
The wiki visuals are dated, but most of the information is still relevant. Adding music to the library (wiki) Ensure your scraper and other music settings are properly configured in the settings>media>music. In essence, go to the music rollover button on the home page, at the top you will see a horizontal scroll-able list of icons, starting with smartplaylist.. scroll over to files and enter, the bottom of a list presented should be "add-music...", this clickable link will bring up a source and name browser, once this task is completed, you should be presented with the option to scrape.
This almost the same question you asked here. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302053 and the answer would be mostly the same, and with music added to the default Estuary skin, you could move back to this skin.

Please don't post twice with virtually the same question in other areas.
Yeah sorry about that my bad. had a few "holiday drinks" and was anxious to get it done, happy holidays.
Logo's Made So Far:
Perhaps I'm not completely understanding this thread, but I though ShadowTek was stating the Music button was not on the Main Menu. If this was the case then, then how could he hover over a button the main menu that wasn't there as you suggest PatK?

This thread caught my interest because I ran into a similar situation with the Music Video menu button not showing up until after I added the music video path as a library Source. I wasted a lot of time thinking that the system wasn't working correctly just like it sounds like ShadowTek did.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
The original message was edited by the op, so the rest of thread might prove to be miss-understood and hence why it was marked 'solved', in essence the original post was about adding a music source, so I took step - by -step instructions to help someone who has involved "holiday drinks" into the equation, asked a number of time in various threads; I tried to get him to pass on the cheer Smile

Here's a screen grab of a virgin install of Krypton Beta 7 'Music Button' clearly visible and the banner message makes it clear, which takes you to add-music, but if you've already by-passed this initial screen and then my instructions would work out. Perhaps earlier iterations did have the issue you experienced and changes were made with the help of users like you?

@CaptainKen

Yeah, that was the issue I ran into, it may be exclusive to Madnox but not sure, If I didn't have at least one thing added into a category, that item would not appear on the main menu.

Looking at PatK's screenshot above, that clearly shows how to solve the issue.. if you use that skin, I was refereeing to Madnox, I solved it (for music) by re-adding my old music database file. However it seems that it can be fixed by switching to that new default skin Pat shows above.

Hope that helps.. sorry for the confusion..
Logo's Made So Far:
Thanks guys for clarifying. I should also clarify that I'm using Silvo.
Current versions of MadNox use the Skin Shortcuts script to manage the main menu. This automatically adds visibility conditions to various shortcuts. Often these are based on the underlying library node they are linked to - so a link to the Music Videos library node will only show if the visibility condition the library node ('Library.HasContent(MusicVideos)') is True - which makes sense as the relevant node won't have any content (and won't show in the root Video or Music node) unless there are any Music Videos scanned into the library.

Music Videos can be added via the 'Files' node from either Videos or Music - therefore any links to these root nodes should show regardless of whether any specific content type has been added to the libraries. If either the default Videos or Music nodes aren't showing when Music Videos haven't been added to the library with MadNox's default menu items (if you have customised your menus on another skin that uses the Skin Shortcuts script then this applies to that skin, and not to MadNox in that situation unless you reset menu items to default) then please post what the action is for the relevant menu item - Music or Videos - so that the default can be updated/any bug in the Skin Shortcuts script that means they don't show can be fixed Smile
Thank you Bob for taking the time and interest to post a detailed description.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no music added.. the music main menu item does not appear0