XBMC Won't Connect to Scripts
Hi, I just softmodded my v1.0 xbox and installed XBMC (latest bleeding edge version). I've been trying to download scripts, but it can't connect. I was able to ftp to my xbox from my pc, so I know the box is hooked up OK with my router, so I'm wondering what settings can I tweek? I've tried messing with some of the network settings, but nothing has worked yet. Thanks!
For some reason, it fails for me as well the first time, but repeated attempts always works, usually the second attempt but occasionally the third or four.
that site has problems sometimes. Its server-side stuff, so there's nothing you can do but wait until it works again. You can test by going to xbmcscripts.com on your computer Wink
Catchy Signature Here
also, there is a slight code mistake, overlooked by me. xbmc uses threads to check if we have an internetconnection and python isn't patience enough to wait for it to return Smile
I had the same problem and I got pissed and started pressing the a button repeatedly and the first time said xbmc scripts cannot be reached but if you keep pressing a until it says running again it worked for me
the thing is that we check if we are connected to the internet, which gets in a new thread.. before that check is finished, python returns false (eg: we aren't connected)

the next time we run the script, the check has already been cached by xbmc and therefor the script can launch.

if there is something else that triggers that check before xbmcscripts is run, then it returns the correct state.

this and many more issues will be adressed in the new version (don't ask when that will be released, you will sure know when it has!)
hehe
when will it be outHuh
Big Grin
Catchy Signature Here
When your old script stops working Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Won't Connect to Scripts0