Googlecast audio and airplay receive in one device
All instructions for max2play are in the slim forum link I put a few back. You need lms installed for it to work. However max2play will do this for you and can sit alongside k9di (it even has a kodi install.option.). As an FYI you can use the pi as a server and player at the same time - if you want.

Install latest nightly of lms from max2play
Install squeezelite from max2play - optional
Follow instructions from link turn cca into squeezelite player
Install spotify app

You will not be able to cast from native app..you will need to use an lms based app.

Not sure it's going to work for your use case because it requires you to bring all the cca devices into the lms economic system which is fine of you're in the system already but I don't think you will.want to do it if you're not.
Thanks. Now I got it and this is actually indeed not what I am looking for.

What this approach allows me is to use an alternative app to cast to squeezelite devices and also to turn CCA into a squeezelite device.

What it does not allow me is to turn a RPi into a CCA device that I can cast to from the native spotify app?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2017-01-03, 10:40)steve1977 Wrote: What it does not allow me is to turn a RPi into a CCA device that I can cast to from the native spotify app?

That's a bit hopeful isn't it when the Chromecast is proprietary and Kodi is an open-source project?
Sure, it is hopeful ;-) We have implementation for airplay (audio) and also even a receiver for spotify connect. And all kind of other cool stuff. But of course hopeful as you put it and requires someone to re-engineer the CCA protocol.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
I think airplay has made our devs very wary of taking on reverse engineering tasks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No worries, I am not expecting or requesting anything. I am fully aware of the pain Memphiz went through on airplay (and I am still grateful that it is still working well for audio).

My "hope" is that there will be some reverse engineering happening in the opensource space and then Kodi can picky-baggy on it (or I can run it separate to Kodi on the RPi).

It would be great, but very unlikely to happen if Google wants to prevent it from happening...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Googlecast audio and airplay receive in one device0