TV Recordings - Metadata, Description, Info...etc
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the following:

1) What file format / structure do files containing data need to be in for Kodi to correctly display info for recorded TV? I currently record in a MPEG 2 TS file and each recording has a txt document associated with it. The txt document stores all the information about the recording, however only a small proportion of is is displayed in Kodi?

2) Within this txt file it details like this:

[16:9]|[stereo] [eng]|[DVB subtitles] [eng]

Is there anyway of getting these to display as logo's like they do in my Movie or TV library?

3) Are there any external plugins people use (almost like a metadata grabber) to increase and improve metadata for recorded TV? I have tried playing around with metadata fetchers a couple of times, but as they alter to folder structures and re-name recordings this messes up my database and the recordings fail to play.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
It depends on the PVR backend you are using. I use TVHeadend and it has settings to tag the recorded files with metadata from the EPG (Electronic Program Guides) if they are available.

I would have a look at your PVR backend help/websites/documentation to see if it has such a setting.
Ok Thanks.

Im using DVB Viewer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Recordings - Metadata, Description, Info...etc0