HTTPApi GetCurrentlyPlaying to return Track No
Hi Guys,

I have a request for enhancement for HTTP Api.

Currently I am busy writing a notification tool for Linux / Windows, which displays information about the current song:
- Album Art
- Track No
- Track Title
- Artist
- Album
- Length

The last 4 items (Track No / Track Title / Artist / Album / Length) can be retrieved using the GetCurrentlyPlaying-command.
However to get the current Track No from the album (Not to be confused with song no, which returns the number in the playlist), I currently use:
http://xbox/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Ge...ameter=208
It would be great if this information could be included in the GetCurrentPlaying -response in order to limit the calls to the Xbox.

Regards,
//
You'd have to alter XBMCHttp.cpp

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Unfortunately I am a Java programmer and not so much CPP.
However if somebody could check this in into XBMC source tree that would be great.

In the meanwhile I have finished the first Beta of my Java app which works in Windows / Linux / Mac. It sits in the System tray and notifies the user when a new song is being played on the Xbox and features on the popup (inspired by the linux app Exaile):
- Detailed Song information (With Album Art / Track No / Title / Album / Duration)
- Progress Bar / Seeking
- Previous / Play, Pause / Next

And from the System tray menu:
- Repeat
- Random
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Reboot Xbox
- Shutdown Xbox
- Party Mode
- Fast Forward
- Rewind