Help in finding source of audio\video "dropouts"?
(2017-01-02, 12:12)Perfect_Blue Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 11:03)FernetMenta Wrote: Please try v17. The issue may have been fixed already.

With all due respect, is this based on something that you have seen in the log file, or is it just a standard recommendation to upgrade?

I have had this issue since version somewhere around version 12 (Version 11 was OK), and it doesn't seem to be a common problem that a lot of people have, so it's not likely to have been high on the agenda for fixing.

If it's all right with everybody I would prefer to find root of the problem and then look for a fix, rather than risking introducing new variables and new problems.

Right now, for all we all know, this might be a problem with a setting that I'm using. In which case upgrading wouldn't solve anything, but could introduce more issues.

If you're using OpenElec from an SD card then using the similar LibreElec from SD should very simple for you, just create a new SD with the v17 build on it and leave your existing SD untouched so you can just switch between SD cards.
Lightbulb 
I found a way that worked for me in Ubuntu 16.10 as my audio also dropped out over HDMI. Pulseaudio is the system that handle sound and in the config file a way to handle sound is disabled and the solution is to activate that again:

edit with "sudo nano /etc/pulse/default.pa" in terminal (or "sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa")

### Load audio drivers statically
### (it's probably better to not load these drivers manually, but instead
### use module-udev-detect -- see below -- for doing this automatically)
#load-module module-alsa-sink
#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
#load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-null-sink
#load-module module-pipe-sink

to make it look like this instead

### Load audio drivers statically
### (it's probably better to not load these drivers manually, but instead
### use module-udev-detect -- see below -- for doing this automatically)
load-module module-alsa-sink
load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
load-module module-null-sink
load-module module-pipe-sink

If you used nano to edit you save by ctrl O
reboot computer, or possible restart pulseaudio (I don't know how)

Then change sound settings under system settings for something else! For me sound works without any sound drops with hdmi and my receiver is recognized as well and i now choose my DENON!
This is completely wrong! And posting it in multiple threads won't help. If you want to use ALSA, don't install pulseaudio. Making PA non working by falsely modifying config files is not what one should be doing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help in finding source of audio\video "dropouts"?0