No GUI sounds when using a controller!
Same here, But Im on a Nvidia Shield Tv using the Shield Wireless Controller, No sound. Tried downloading Aeon Nox 6 GUI sounds & Titan UI sound, But none work with the controller.
Is this going to be fixed? It sucks not to have GUI Sounds when using controller :-)  *URL REMOVED BY MODERATOR*
@faxedasto This is your first and final warning. Do NOT slip URLs for anything piracy-related video streaming into your posts. Next time, your account will be closed.
Hey im new here, there is one gui sounds that sort of has that effect but only on the "back" or "click" sounds

TetradUI for some reason has that, you can try it on pc with the latest kodi on the default skin, for me it has that sound but not for anything else, but none whatsoever on the TetradUI skin itself

So its a simple issue, i reread some replies and it does have to do with some code callback having nonexistant gamepad equivalent to it, i tried testing with how that TetradUI glitch sound happens and the "back" sound has that sort of callback and its frankly simple to reimplement

Idk how github works and im too afraid to contribute in a large repository, but if anyone cared enough to implement it soon, its very minor we all know, but we all be grateful
@goodfellas Instead of requesting to merge a change on GitHub, share what you did in here. Which XML, what line # you changed etc. That would help us all out as many of us are very comfortable with editing XMLs. I look forward to your post.
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
After 6+ years, is there finally going to be a simple fix? If so, I will cry tears of joy!

BTW, it is still on @garbear's PR of controller fixes from 2016 as yet to be fixed. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10630
I've never really messed around with GitHub merges, am I able to implement their changes manually?
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
Yes, i try my best to posted what i found on how to reimplement it, currently just need to find all the relevant files in the github sources as to what files has those in relevance to the bug, but due to how massive the commits and files are, its plainly difficult to find but for starters you can find the TetradUI gui sounds addon sources or the addon files itself (userdata folder) and just start from there https://github.com/gade01/resource.uisounds.tetradui

I believe its not just an xml edits but almost an overhaul since that 2016 update that broke it completely rewrite some of the functions that enables it, i belive i might just find a breakthrough soon

To me and some this problem is getting more noticeable how many also uses it on the Steam Deck, and noticing how it behaves with controller in comparison with Emudeck or Retroarch with has functional ui sounds but not as customizable (and Kodi still has lots of bugs and its clunkiness when used with controller), so i believe it is time to fix it now to those who cared to fix the 2016 bugs
(2023-03-14, 15:38)goodfellas Wrote: I believe its not just an xml edits but almost an overhaul since that 2016 update that broke it completely rewrite some of the functions that enables it.
Ahhhh ok. I understand
(2023-03-14, 15:38)goodfellas Wrote: i belive i might just find a breakthrough soon
I am really excited about this and look forward to seeing what you can do and find out. On behalf of everyone here, I appreciate your effort and work.
(2023-03-14, 15:38)goodfellas Wrote: To me and some this problem is getting more noticeable how many also uses it on the Steam Deck, and noticing how it behaves with controller in comparison with Emudeck or Retroarch with has functional ui sounds but not as customizable (and Kodi still has lots of bugs and its clunkiness when used with controller), so i believe it is time to fix it now to those who cared to fix the 2016 bugs
It is the perfect storm for us all. Look at how AutoHDR was implemented so quickly after the fork was made. So perhaps this will fall into the same level of priority. 🤞
↯ Ω ☿
This is from garbear (Team-Kodi Developer):
"Unfortunately Kodi UI sounds are tightly integrated with the keyboard. You can experience this by holding a key and hearing beeps at the rate of operating system key repeats instead of items scrolled in the GUI. It's possible to add controller sounds, but the system would have to be created from scratch."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No GUI sounds when using a controller!3