No GUI sounds when using a controller!
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a solution to this problem, but I keep on finding unrelated topics. So excuse me if this is a duplicate.

I'm using Kodi 17.0-Beta6 on Windows 8.1. When I use the keyboard for navigation I can hear the GUI sounds, but these don't work when I'm using a controller. I tried downloading different GUI sound addons, but none work with the controller. It should be irrelevant what controller I use, but I tried MS controller (Xbox) and DS3 (Playstation), so we can rule that out.

Any help is appreciated. Wish you all a happy new year!

Cheers,
Mud
(2016-12-30, 20:43)mud.ab Wrote: It should be irrelevant what controller I use, but I tried MS controller (Xbox) and DS3 (Playstation), so we can rule that out.Any help is appreciated
There's an option to load in different joystick profiles, so it must make some difference. I note the look & feel add-ons had GUI sounds for various, did you load one up? In the system audio settings, I did note a GUI 'play gui sounds' might want to change that to always. The system sounds are usually 'direct sounds' and might not be handled by HDMI waspi, just a few of the possibilities, perhaps a fix is in one of those?
(2016-12-30, 22:07)PatK Wrote: There's an option to load in different joystick profiles, so it must make some difference. I note the look & feel add-ons had GUI sounds for various, did you load one up? In the system audio settings, I did note a GUI 'play gui sounds' might want to change that to always. The system sounds are usually 'direct sounds' and might not be handled by HDMI waspi, just a few of the possibilities, perhaps a fix is in one of those?

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I've tried all of these to no avail. Changing controller profiles didn't have any influence, I already said I've tried different GUI sound addons, and the option in the menu is already set to always.
I'm seeing this very same issue. I believe this is a bug, so I've opened an issue here: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17248
Same issue here. No GUI sounds using an XBox 360 controller in Windows 7 and Kodi 17.01 Krypton (I had sounds before updating, when using Jarvis). And I do hear sounds when using my keyboard. Just not with the controller.
Any updates on this bug? I see the bug ticket, but I have no idea to tell if anyone is working on a fix, or if it's on the radar. Really wanting my GUI sounds back after updating to Krypton.
This bug is STILL present in 17.1
Same issue using gamepad with Kodi 17.1 Windows 10. No ui sounds.
i confirm too with xbox 360 controller.no gui sounds...
Same here, But Im on a Nvidia Shield Tv using the Shield Wireless Controller, No sound. Tried downloading Aeon Nox 6 GUI sounds & Titan UI sound, But none work with the controller.

My wireless/bluetooth androind keyboard remote works & sound (Clicking & so on) works just fine.

EDIT: Im also using the latest Kodi 17 from the play store.

EDIT2: Just realised that Im not in the Android section... Sorry. Either way, This seems to be present in both because Im having the exact same problem.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10630

It will get done
Same problem here! No GUI sounds with xbox 360 controller on windows 10 and kodi 17.1.

Worked with every earlier kodi version except kodi 17 and 17.1.
Still not fixed in 17.3
Still an issue in 17.4.
I've not yet updated to 17.6, still an issue in latest?
Same issue in the nightly version 18... looks like it's being overlooked pretty hard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No GUI sounds when using a controller!3