Air mouse/ good remote control
Which airmouse do you recommend? I was thinking of buying Logitech but I think it's too expensive. What do you suggest?
Octa core box with Kodi = Best
An Oz convict suggests a MINIX A2 Lite as a good BT remote. Haven't gotten one myself to try out as of yet, but will soon enough. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Keyboard...B00R5QOKVW
Ha Ha, yes spot on when I look at my Ancestry tree Wink

The MINIX A2 Lite is a nice solid quality remote, good for big bloke Gorilla Hands without too many buttons to complicate and confuse users. Works well on my LibreELEC devices, Android - pretty much everything I plug it into. The only only addition you may need is a IR Learning function for OFF / ON that the A2 lacks, but a lot of small, silent, modern, ARM Tech based media players do not consume very much power anyway and can be left on 24/7.

+1 on Minix A2 Lite - even on a 'compact' remote, the keyboard keys are plenty big enough
EXCELLENT device!
yes, A2 seems to be the best right now, I use mine daily.
the big hands are a requirement though Big Grin

Mele F10 is also a good option.
Mike
I've got a C120 airmouse on order I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives. The MX3 and T3 also get good reviews they have a lot of customisable fully programmable IR keys so you can replace your TV remote etc with it and have a all in one device.
One more for the A2.
Use it often with different systems. Very solid remote.
I seeking for remote to. My RP2 connected to Panasonic TV and now works over CEC, but original remote will die soon, so I need new-one. I want to have one remote. If I understand good MINIX A2 Lite do work correct with programmable IR, maybe Rii i25 is better? I need to turn on TV over IR (when TV on's, automatic turns on and RP2, when I turn off TV, P2 turns off too) and have bigger functionality in Kodi.

edit: I did some searches normal, like TV's IR works only Rii Mini i13 , maybe, someone has it and can write opinions?
(2017-01-02, 14:51)paulyz Wrote: I seeking for remote to. My RP2 connected to Panasonic TV and now works over CEC, but original remote will die soon, so I need new-one. I want to have one remote. If I understand good MINIX A2 Lite do work correct with programmable IR, maybe Rii i25 is better? I need to turn on TV over IR (when TV on's, automatic turns on and RP2, when I turn off TV, P2 turns off too) and have bigger functionality in Kodi.

edit: I did some searches normal, like TV's IR works only Rii Mini i13 , maybe, someone has it and can write opinions?

I have the Rii25 as well.

It has some programmable IR buttons, but hopw many seem to vary through revisions.
For example, some of my Rii25's have programmable buttons on top (three buttons) a power button and the 'directional' buttons are also IR.
I have newer ones from the same model that only have three top-buttons that are programmable and the Power button. All other buttons are RF.

Overall, i like the Rii rmoetes, but in my experience the rii25 is not the best quality.
I already broke multiple of them and if you have big hands...the A2 is better (but no ir programmable buttons).
(2017-01-02, 14:51)paulyz Wrote: I need to turn on TV over IR (when TV on's, automatic turns on and RP2, when I turn off TV, P2 turns off too) and have bigger functionality in Kodi.
This ON / OFF functionality is possible if your TV handles HDMI-CEC control correctly.

For example the Xiaomi Mi Box goes into standby when a TV is switched off. Press a remote button on the Mi Box and it wakes up and also turns on the TV all via HDMI-CEC control.

RPi's and certain boxes running LibreELEC on AMLogic can also do this seamlessly, so long as your TV manufacturer has implemented HDMI-CEC control properly without doing something weird and out of Spec.

(2017-01-02, 14:51)paulyz Wrote: I seeking for remote to. My RP2 connected to Panasonic TV and now works over CEC, but original remote will die soon, so I need new-one. I want to have one remote. If I understand good MINIX A2 Lite do work correct with programmable IR, maybe Rii i25 is better? I need to turn on TV over IR (when TV on's, automatic turns on and RP2, when I turn off TV, P2 turns off too) and have bigger functionality in Kodi.

Take a look at the following thread for discusssions on the T3 IR remote/Airmouse/keyboard, it has a lot IR programmable keys as well as airmuse and keyboard, so it can be used to replace your TV remote once it is programmed and also give you airmouse and keyboard, this seems like a good option for a "all in one " device .

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842

There are plenty of other cheap airmouse devices available with IR learning functions too, C120, MX3 etc etc
I have both A2 and A2 Lite. The A2's build quality is better than the A2 lite. The lite broke (buttons not working anymore) after about 6 months. The A2 still going strong after 3 years. There are many complains about the A2 Lite on Minix forum. Almost about the A2.
I bought i13, because T3, i25 and etc do work correct on IR (in some remotes need to switch to IR every press and etc).

To turn on RPI I did simple thing, my RPI connected on TV's USB, so, when I turn on my TV, RPI turns on too, when I turn off my TV, RPI turns off too (USB port works ~15s after TV shut down, RPI get command to turn off throught CEC-HDMI).

When I'll get i13 I will write small review how it works.
I got my new Rii i13, so small review. Controller works like I wanted, one side IR (you don't need press additional buttons or etc, just press and works, like standard TV's or other device IR controller. You can program up to 8 IR devices). Second side RF (turn off on by button, or you can leave it for "always on"). Air mouse after calibration work good.

What about controller:
1. standard look, plastic ok, could be heaver and bigger (button size ok, but I want more space between buttons)
2. IR working range ~5m max (in documents 8m, but this isn't true)
3. small IR eye, I can compare with original my TV's, so it's ~2x smaller, so you need point controller accurate to TV.
4. need to to play with IR programing, because, sometimes did not get correct frequency, or could be my old controller problem, because it's "5 minutes before die"
5. small and light, very interesting, how long it will work.
6. very easy installation, just putted Rii's RF to RPI2 and it installed everything automatic.

I will give 8 of 10 (size and IR eye). I paid ~28 eur.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Air mouse/ good remote control0