Win Kodi v17 RC Add-on problems
(2017-01-12, 21:56)gibxxi Wrote:
(2017-01-12, 16:28)rkrisi Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 17:48)gibxxi Wrote: Yes, but not with the Windows Store version. The Native Windows version (RC2) seems to have problems installing addons with no log info as to why, except rather vague "Failed to copy <addon-name> to <folder-name>" entries. And I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

I highly doubt it's a permissions issue, as I have two setups running on the same Windows 10 machine for add-on / configuration testing & fast scraping purposes prior to rolling things out to my two main-use media center systems. One is running a native configuration (%AppData% folder) and the other is using the same Kodi install but set up in 'portable' mode on a seperate Hard Drive from the OS. Get the same messages / failures on both setups. Sometimes an add-on install needs to be retried up to 6 times in order to get an 'add-on enabled' message, and even then, I think some files / assets aren't making it, at least in terms of skin-based addons.

The two platforms may behave entirely differently on Windows (UWP Kodi vs. Native Desktop Install), I wouldn't know as I know nothing about how UWP apps work, much less care (as I hate the idea). However, take a look at this thread and see if anything looks familiar:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302931

EDIT: Beta 7 (The only other version of Krypton I have), also has the same issue. Windows 10 (AU), Version: 161208-2252.

Oh, thanks. So we should wait until a new release which fixes this bug...

Well you can test the nightly development Krypton builds if you have a system free that's not your main use media center, as these will be RC2 plus builds, but at this point for those that have a working Jarvis install, i'd stick with that until the root cause of the issue (and any relevant solution) is identified. So if your about to make the switch and your not sure if you'll experience issues, backup your existing config (standard practice anyhow) before making the switch, just in case.

I have deleted the Windows Store version, and reinstalled Kodi from the .exe installer, the new RC3 version, but the problem is the same... I also installed the same version on my laptop (same Windows 10 version) and everything works fine...
Could you guys please try this build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...theory.exe

and give the log when it happens? Might need to remove the addon that updated to trigger it again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-14, 19:57)Martijn Wrote: Could you guys please try this build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...theory.exe

and give the log when it happens? Might need to remove the addon that updated to trigger it again.

Will give this a bash when I get the chance. Debug style log required?
of course. You can enable it by default with advancedsettings.xml so you don't see the on screen text
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok. Will repost here once I have done the test.

Gib.
Have sort of the same problem with an fresh install on windows 10 but not the store version of krypton rc3 it's on the "regular" windows version.
Install seems good but when trying to change skin after install it I get "failed to install a dependency" or with addons it just
won't install and don't get any error messages.
Have an theory about that it have something to do with that my user profile contains an special charater in it's name, "Ö".
Tried installing the same release (rc3) on the same computer but on a different profile that I have that don't contain any special charater in the profile name and everything went great, no error message and no problems installing addons.
Filed an bug report on that inc. debug log, ticket number #17243
Using the Kodi version posted above - Debug Log.

Clean install with no addons or other content loaded. I haven't tried installing anything from the Kodi repo, but the failures seem to be most common with addons that have multiple dependancies, as such MarcelVeldt's Titan skin (Krypton Beta) is a good test on a vanilla system, as it has quite a few.

If you would like me to try the same with an addon from the Kodi repo, I can do so.
(2017-01-15, 22:14)w0rn Wrote: Have sort of the same problem with an fresh install on windows 10 but not the store version of krypton rc3 it's on the "regular" windows version.
Install seems good but when trying to change skin after install it I get "failed to install a dependency" or with addons it just
Have an theory about that it have something to do with that my user profile contains an special charater in it's name, "Ö".
Tried installing the same release (rc3) on the same computer but on a different profile that I have that don't contain any special charater in the profile name and everything went great, no error message and no problems installing addons.

I doubt it. I'm having the same issue as you, and I don't use profiles.

In the debug log posted, i repeatedly retry the same installation, and after about 6 - 8 attempts, all the dependancies do eventually get installed. Some require several attempts, but eventually all the 'failing' dependencies, and subsequently the host addon (In this case, a skin) do get a 'success' notification.
(2017-01-15, 23:42)gibxxi Wrote:
(2017-01-15, 22:14)w0rn Wrote: Have sort of the same problem with an fresh install on windows 10 but not the store version of krypton rc3 it's on the "regular" windows version.

In the debug log posted, i repeatedly retry the same installation, and after about 6 - 8 attempts, all the dependancies do eventually get installed. Some require several attempts, but eventually all the 'failing' dependencies, and subsequently the host addon (In this case, a skin) do get a 'success' notification.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear in what i wrote, but with different profiles I mean windows user profiles, not Kodi user profiles.
(2017-01-16, 00:14)w0rn Wrote:
(2017-01-15, 23:42)gibxxi Wrote:

Sorry if I was a bit unclear in what i wrote, but with different profiles I mean windows user profiles, not Kodi user profiles.

Ah, ok. Serves me right for speed reading. Wink

I will however say, I still doubt it. I have a dual config on the same machine (this desktop i'm typing on). One is a standard run via the %AppData% folder, and another in portable mode. Kodi isn't installed on my OS drive. I don't have special characters in my profile name. I use this setup mainly for scraping, as the desktop is closer to the source files and more powerful than the other systems I use Kodi in 'anger' on. Same issues across all the systems I *can* run Kodi on with Kodi 17, as tested.
gibxxi, w0rn, Do either of you have any third party antivirus or other security software installed? If so which one?
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
Paxxi,
Have avast installed on the comp that I tested on, but that is installed on both windows user profiles and not configured any different on them.
The only thing that differs between the windows user profiles is that I have one name with an special character in it's name, and that profile is the one that giving my problems on, when installing addons and changing skins, might be totaly wrong here but..
I'm currently using McAfee.

Windows 10 also enables Windows Defender with no option to completely disable it.

Gib.
(2017-01-16, 13:21)gibxxi Wrote: I'm currently using McAfee.

Windows 10 also enables Windows Defender with no option to completely disable it.

Gib.

Windows Defender disable itself as soon as you install another antivirus
Moanbag is in da place!
It didn't on the last update (Anniversary) with W10. MS were forcing it enabled, even with 3rd Party AV installed. Although you could turn off real-time scanning. The icon doesn't seem to be present in the tray now though, so maybe they reverted that decision.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v17 RC Add-on problems0