No passthru on live TV with Krypton
Hi guys.
I've got a small question to clear things up. Kodi is running on a pc and I connected via hdmi to my screen. But this shitty screen only provides stereo out. So i connected my 5.1 audio system with the audio output from the motherboard. it works just fine except with livetv. Is there a chance to get the system working and what settings i have to choose?
Tried out pretty much and I am kinda noob when it comes to audio stuff so the explanations in the settings dont really work for me.
(2017-03-05, 16:02)ninjafuchs Wrote: Hi guys.
I've got a small question to clear things up. Kodi is running on a pc and I connected via hdmi to my screen. But this shitty screen only provides stereo out. So i connected my 5.1 audio system with the audio output from the motherboard. it works just fine except with livetv. Is there a chance to get the system working and what settings i have to choose?
Tried out pretty much and I am kinda noob when it comes to audio stuff so the explanations in the settings dont really work for me.

Post #5 in this thread provides all the information you need.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2494878
Thumbs Down 
I am  very disapointed.
I will stick to Jarvis (FTMC 16.2.31).
There is no way I will let go DD passthru on live TV.

If you can't see the difference !  No don't tell anybody.
(2017-01-06, 23:24)nickr Wrote: Passthrough on livetv is disabled in krypton.

(2017-01-07, 23:31)nickr Wrote: No, the move was deliberate by the devs.

Oh no!
I'm also very disappointed to hear this.

Only to have PCM 5.1 signal is unfortunately not a solution for all cases because it averts the usage of Upmixers on AVRs (for stereo music but more relevant for mono/stereo movies and shows), anyway on Linux with PulseAudio. I'm not sure how the consequences are in detail without PulseAudio or not on Linux.
Please see my thread Linux - 5.1 and 2.0, or: no 5.1 on Live TV for more details.

Do you know details why this feature was disabled and can you tell us?

I hope we get this feature (back) soon!
Without pass-through on live TV I cannot use Kodi (as a One-Tool-Solution) for my need and I have to think about alternates.
This is not a NextPVR issue and I don't expect it to be resolved soon.  One alternative for NextPVR is the xnewa addon which gives access to Live TV but does not use the PVR interface.  See the NextPVR forums for more info.

Martin
(2019-03-25, 23:54)emveepee Wrote: This is not a NextPVR issue ...

Yes, this is clear (if your post was a reply to mine).
I just followed up this thread. It's a general issue of Kodi/PVR. But it's a painful issue (for me).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No passthru on live TV with Krypton0