A MASSIVE Thank You!
Hi XBMC Team, Happy Holidays.
Big Grinover 2 years now and it improves all the time.

I have now modded and installed XBMC on over 10 boxes for friends and family, and may of my IT m8's have done the same.

I hope you are proud of developing the best media experience in the world, it such a shame you have to stay in the shadows.

Your hard work is appreciated, once again thank you.

Dyonisis (PS, I have donated Big Grin)
I just wanted to add my praise to the team.

My son has a small portable TV in his room and was asking for a DVD player over the Holidays.
I picked up a pre-owned Xbox from Game £20 (40USD) and with a little hot swapery, XboxHDM and Ndure he now has the best media centre money cant buy.

Kudos to all involved in the project.

Jimbo

PS: The plan was to remove the original (virgin) drive from the box to keep as a backup and replace it with an 80GB unit I had spare, but I couldn’t generate the hdlock password without the EEPROM information so had to mod the original (or did I?).

PPS: The last box I modded, I did with hardware and expected to do the same with this one. The cost of the unneeded mod chip will now be donated to the cause.
jimbo1960 Wrote:I couldn’t generate the hdlock password without the EEPROM information so had to mod the original (or did I?)
You have to first mod it once like you did in order to run the Evox (Evolution-X) dashboard application so that you in there can backup your EEPROM as eeprom.bin (saves it under "C:\Backup\") which you then can us you mod and lock and brand new harddrive on your computer. Please, if you have any question on how to mod your Xbox please refer to xbox-scene.com (instead of the XBMC forums), thanks.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@Gamester
Thanks for the info.
The primary reason for my post was to give praise to the development team. I threw in the other question in the hope that someone would confirm that I didn't waste my time messing with the original disk.
I do accept that questions related to modding should be directed to xbox-scene and will do so in the future although I hope my subsiquent questions will be related to setting up Linux Wink
Jimbo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A MASSIVE Thank You!0