Upgrade from intel Dn2820 please
Any guidance welcome
I have an asus chromebox with Windows 10 and same as you i was looking for an upgrade, i opened my own thread too.
After too much research my final options were: the new MSI or Asrock Beebox Kaby Lake Mini PCs as no equivalent Intel NUC available yet (just for the sake of 4k hevc 10 bit and future proof, but i will just use up to 1080p as no 4k tv yet) for around $300 and the Nvidia Shield TV.
As my budget was limited and i wanted something more TV and family friendly i went with the Nvidia Shield. Don't have it yet but i think i took the best decision because web apps on Windows or Linux is not the same feeling than with Android TV.

Hope it helps!

Enviado desde mi Moto X via Tapatalk!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Intel Apollo Lake could be the right choice for you.
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
Right, if kodi only usage like libreelec then Apollo Lake would be good for him but also the Shield.

Thanks both for the replies .

Can you tell me is apollo lake available now ? And what are the prices? I've had a Google but can't find that much info
Many thanks
The 2820 NUC has also been my main rock solid kodi system for years including giving a few away to family. I also have a Shield and Odroid C2 which I have dabbled in with kodi for 4k playback. Occasional issues on android deemed the Shield unacceptable. Odroid C2 was pretty good but choked on some ultra large >100GB rips. I will be buying the Apollo Lake NUC as soon as it's released. You just can't beat the 'it just works' mentality of the Intel NUC's with Libreelec.
(2017-01-07, 07:48)Geekzilla Wrote: The 2820 NUC has also been my main rock solid kodi system for years including giving a few away to family. I also have a Shield and Odroid C2 which I have dabbled in with kodi for 4k playback. Occasional issues on android deemed the Shield unacceptable. Odroid C2 was pretty good but choked on some ultra large >100GB rips. I will be buying the Apollo Lake NUC as soon as it's released. You just can't beat the 'it just works' mentality of the Intel NUC's with Libreelec.

Yeah I can't fault my dn2820 either, for the money it's been awesome . Do you know approx what the apollo lake nuc is going to cost?
Do you think it will be similar to the dn2820 or more the i3, i5 prices ?
Thanks
High end NUCs like KBL, SKL are relased as i3, i5 and i7 only and low end NUCs come with Celeron and Pentium processors
Kaby Lake mini pcs (and i bet nuc aswell) cost around $300 barebones so i think Apollo Lake mini pcs will be around the $200-$250 range.
Apollo lake has same GPU power as the Kaby Lake but a poor CPU usually "Nxxxx" which are based on Atom architecture.

[quote='Veronica' pid='2495330' dateline='1483796785']
High end NUCs like KBL, SKL are relased as i3, i5 and i7 only and low end NUCs come with Celeron and Pentium processors
Kaby Lake mini pcs (and i bet nuc aswell) cost around $300 barebones so i think Apollo Lake mini pcs will be around the $200-$250 range.
Apollo lake has same GPU power as the Kaby Lake but a poor CPU usually "Nxxxx" which are based on Atom architecture.

Thanks Veronica , think I will wait until the apollo lake is released
I'm expecting $180 range in USA.
Check the later pages of this thread to figure out whats out

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270298

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade from intel Dn2820 please0