MCEBuddy Help
Hello,

I recently redid my server and had to re-setup MCEBuddy to do my commercial detection for recorded shows. For some reason serverwmc is seeing the show as being deleted when MCEBuddy finishes and writes the edl file. This is causing serverwmc to delete the edl file, even though the show's wtv is still there. I can't seem to figure out what setting I might have wrong.

In MCEBuddy I am using WTV Unprocessed with Only Detect Ads selected.

Here is the serverwmc log:
2017/01/05 21:12:07.611 OnFileDeleted> FileSystemWatcher detected file deleted: F:\Recorded TV\The Good Place_WTMJ_2017_01_05_19_30_00.wtv
2017/01/05 21:12:07.611 OnFileDeleted> Deleted file: F:\Recorded TV\The Good Place_WTMJ_2017_01_05_19_30_00.edl

Even though I can see F:\Recorded TV\The Good Place_WTMJ_2017_01_05_19_30_00.wtv is still present. I'm guessing MCEBuddy is deleting and replacing it or something, but I can't figure out what setting is causing it to do that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Is it not acceptable just to stop serverwmc from deleting the edl file (see Recordings tab)?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
That's an option, but then I'm left with all these orphaned .edl files all over. Not the end of the world, but previously this was working fine. So there is definitely a way to get them to play nicely together, I just can't seem to figure it out.
Weird, that you had it working before. Windows must be thinking that either the file has been deleted (or temporarily moved) for it to fire off that event, so yeah, its probably some setting in mcebuddy that needs to be set - but I have no experience with it. sbthomas wrote this part of the serverwmc code, so he might have an idea about how it works with mcebuddy. You could PM him if he doesn't see this thread.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi Kmarq, Did you get the issue resolved? I use MCEBuddy successfully with ServerWMC with the cleanup setting turned on. For me, mcebuddy puts the unprocessed wtv file and the edl file into a directory for the show... I'd love to help if you have any more info. mcebuddy does rename/copy the file but the edl file should match the new name and not the name of the wtv file when WMC recorded it. Maybe it is re-processing shows?
(2017-01-10, 02:02)sbthomas Wrote: Hi Kmarq, Did you get the issue resolved? I use MCEBuddy successfully with ServerWMC with the cleanup setting turned on. For me, mcebuddy puts the unprocessed wtv file and the edl file into a directory for the show... I'd love to help if you have any more info. mcebuddy does rename/copy the file but the edl file should match the new name and not the name of the wtv file when WMC recorded it. Maybe it is re-processing shows?

Not solved directly. I'm just running a script every night that looks for .edl files that don't have a matching .wtv file and deletes them. Does the job well enough.

I need to mess with it a bit yet though as after commercial detection it seems to be copying the file back over itself, which is causing all kinds of issues if someone is watching a show (stream is breaking up and buffering). I think I had that fixed at one point so going to go back through what I had changed. If I can't get it I'll grab my log and would appreciate additional help.

Thanks
Got this solved. I had to select rename without converting so that it would stop copying the "converted" file back over itself. Even though I had selected wtv unprocessed it still considered it a new file. Now I left the renaming scheme blank so it keeps the same file name.

Next time I take a screenshot of all my settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCEBuddy Help0