Who to report piracy box sellers to?
So I have actually gone around to shops that sell these piracy boxes and I see that they are preloaded with the garbage that Kodi is against. I talk to them about it and one of two things happen.

1) They thank me and they will stop doing it but then I go back and they are still selling them preloaded.
2) They tell me to F off.

Obviously I need to take it to the next level and report them. I talked to the cops already but they can't do anything without orders from above. I am in Canada so who do I report them to now?

This discussion will also be useful for other people in other countries if people reply with places to report piracy box sellers in their country.
(2017-01-06, 20:44)RiotSung Wrote: So I have actually gone around to shops that sell these piracy boxes and I see that they are preloaded with the garbage that Kodi is against. I talk to them about it and one of two things happen.

1) They thank me and they will stop doing it but then I go back and they are still selling them preloaded.
2) They tell me to F off.

Obviously I need to take it to the next level and report them. I talked to the cops already but they can't do anything without orders from above. I am in Canada so who do I report them to now?

This discussion will also be useful for other people in other countries if people reply with places to report piracy box sellers in their country.

Perhaps you should start with Amazon
I have wondered this? I had considered that my Local Authority's Trading Standards dept. would be the best place. There is someone punting them out locally, I have seen a few that need attention, basically broken links in moody addons. People have asked me to look at them and I have said that all I can do is wipe them and do a fresh install with Android/Kodi in it's default state. Of course they want someone to make it show dodgy films again, which I won't do.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Who to report piracy box sellers to?0