i keep getting this error when trying to install..help
I keep getting this error...xbmc.gui 5.11.0 failed to install

could someone please give me some reasons as to why i might be getting this when trying to install the Eminence master file

Im using Kodi Krypton RC2

before trying to intall the skin i installed..

autocompletion.master.zip
extendedinfo.master.zip
image resource select-jarvis.zip
playalbum.master.zip
skin helper.service.master.zip
skinshortcuts.master.zip

and then lastly the eminence mod zip for krypton...

did i miss something?

thanks in advance
xbmc.gui relates directly to the version of Kodi. Krypton has an xbmc.gui version of 5.12.0 - so either the skin you're trying to install specifies a different xbmc.gui version (the latest Eminence git specifies 5.12.0), or you aren't running RC2 and therefore it has an earlier xbmc.gui version. Make absolutely sure you're trying to install the correct version of the skin onto the correct version of Kodi.
(2017-01-07, 00:19)BobCratchett Wrote: xbmc.gui relates directly to the version of Kodi. Krypton has an xbmc.gui version of 5.12.0 - so either the skin you're trying to install specifies a different xbmc.gui version (the latest Eminence git specifies 5.12.0), or you aren't running RC2 and therefore it has an earlier xbmc.gui version. Make absolutely sure you're trying to install the correct version of the skin onto the correct version of Kodi.

Interesting..thanks..ill double check but I know the version of Krypton is RC2 and the version of Eminence is the one on the first page of the mod postings which is noted as the correct one to have.

Nonetheless, Ill uninstall my kodi and reinstall from scratch and hope things work out...thanks for the quick reply and help. Also learned something new.
nope..doesnt work unfortunately...followed the instructions perfectly.

hope someone can fix it.
Normally the exact error message is along the lines of "The dependancy on xbmc.gui [version] couldn't be satisfied" - which normally means you're trying to install a version of the skin which isn't compatible with the Kodi version you have (which is to say the skin asks for an xbmc.gui version which the installed version of Kodi doesn't have). It may be worth giving a link to the exact version you are trying to install (the latest git version is here - and definitely has an xbmc.gui dependancy of 5.12.0 - and so would normally be expected to generate an error message of 'The dependancy on xbmc.gui 5.12.0 couldn't be satisfied') or saying exactly what error message you are getting and posting a full debug log (wiki).

Edit:- If, of course, you're trying to install a mod then you'll need to check the xmbc.gui version the mod was developed against - particularly if it's a discontinued mod which will of course not be kept up-to-date with gui changes since it was discontinued and of course shouldn't be expected to run on any Kodi version (wether a major version or updated pre-release) since it was discontinued Rolleyes
bob the error is virtually identical to what u note it as...the dependency on xbmc.gui 5.11.0 couldnt be satisfied...

thanks sincerely for your help bob but I think i need to take a break from this..i've spent 90 mins uninstalling and reinstalling including from the link you provided with no luck, besides, half of my library doesnt even work with the skin because i have middle eastern based vids and songs and the writing simply doesnt show up in this mod.

pardon my frustration but i think a break from this is the best thing at this time...have a great night.
The mod by Guilouz has been discontinued for many months. It was made for a much earlier version of Krypton (pre-beta releases) and so will no longer work with most recent Krypton betas (hence the switch from 5.11.0 dependency to 5.12.0).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i keep getting this error when trying to install..help0