Individual songs within an entire MP3 Mix
Just wondering if this is possible. Let's say I have a URL for an hour-long mix, and I have the metadata for all tracks in the mix (artist, track title, and at what point the track begins), would it be possible to make Kodi behave as if it were playing an entire album, and not just a single MP3 off the net?

e.g. to scrobble each track as it's played, to show all tracks in a playlist and allow the user to skip between them, and so on and so forth.
(2017-01-07, 13:02)ventolin Wrote: Just wondering if this is possible. Let's say I have a URL for an hour-long mix, and I have the metadata for all tracks in the mix (artist, track title, and at what point the track begins), would it be possible to make Kodi behave as if it were playing an entire album, and not just a single MP3 off the net?

e.g. to scrobble each track as it's played, to show all tracks in a playlist and allow the user to skip between them, and so on and so forth.

There are many addons that already do this, unless I am misunderstanding your goal. It should just take a standard playlist format such as m3u

There is a real spotify addon out these if you search online which does this and you could use it as an example. Not spotmc but actually spotify.
I think you're misunderstanding it.

What I want to do is make a plugin for a webradio station that stores its old programmes in an archive. Members of the site have access to this archive. Each show is stored as a single MP3, however metadata (e.g. what tracks were played and at which time they started) is stored too.

So, what I want to do is make a plugin that allows Kodi users to listen to all shows in the archive, but have the plugin make Kodi aware of this metadata. So instead of the user seeing Kodi playing a single MP3, they'll see Kodi playing an entire series of songs, each of which is scrobbled, if the user has the Last.fm plugin enabled, and the user can skip between tracks in the playlist - even though Kodi is just playing from a single MP3 over HTTP.
I guess what I'm trying to do is use a CUE file for a remote MP3 resource. Guess it would make more sense to save the entire file locally, and then generate a CUE file and play it.
a consequence of https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11147 is that you can set the startoffset for music items.
thus, if that lands it's just a matter of a plugin returning one listitem per entry, where you set the startoffset (and whatever other meta data you have) accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Individual songs within an entire MP3 Mix0