v17 PVR-WMC Recorded TV folder not found
Hello,
I connected successfully mykodi17RC2 pvr-wmc to a serverwmc on a Win7. It seems that kodi (on QNAP NAS installed) has problems to access the folder of recorded TV which is specified in serverwmc:
- I get an error message on Kodi start "recorded TV folder not found"
- I can see the recorded videos but no stream can be started
- The log of serverwmc shows that a stream was created but a problem from client

2017/01/07 18:35:02.059 Finished request OpenLiveStream in 4,77s
2017/01/07 18:35:03.089 Received client request: QNAPTilly|192.168.0.30|StreamStartError|smb://feuersau:********@HÖLLENRECHNER/Users/Public/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Kodi^QNAPTilly_DVB-S_1_2017_01_07_18_34_57.ts
2017/01/07 18:35:03.089 StreamStartError> client 'Kodi^QNAPTilly' reports error opening stream, will close stream down
2017/01/07 18:35:03.089 StreamStartError> client 'Kodi^QNAPTilly' path to stream file: 'smb://feuersau:********@HÖLLENRECHNER/Users/Public/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Kodi^QNAPTilly_DVB-S_1_2017_01_07_18_34_57.ts'
2017/01/07 18:35:03.089 StreamStartError> client 'Kodi^QNAPTilly' calling CloseStream

The foldername was automatically filled during setup routine of serverwmc: "\\HÖLLENRECHNER\Users\Public\Recorded TV" (derived from . I already have entered user/password in serverwmc.

Could someone help, please?

regards,
André
Hi,

Please post the entire serverwmc log on pastebin.com (see debug tab) and put a link to it here. Another check you can do to see if the folder is accessible from kodi is to try to add it to kodi as a video folder (using windows SMB) - just as a test.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi,

The attempt to add the folder to kodi video folders went wrong:
First attempt => using browse function:
1. add video
2. Browse network
3. select windows network (SMB)
4. I see "TILLY" as a folder (which is the workgroup of my LAN)
5. When I select TILLY I get a message box labeled as Error "Invalid Argument"

Second attempt => Enter the string "smb://feuersau:********@HÖLLENRECHNER/Users/Public/Recorded TV" :
1. add video
2. enter
3. smb://feuersau:********@HÖLLENRECHNER/Users/Public/Recorded TV
4. Same error "Invalid argument"

Here is the log of the stream test:
http://pastebin.com/8qdaAKeF
Try using your host's IP address instead of the machine name. To do this, in serverwmc on the 'Folders' tab, substitute HÖLLENRECHNER for the IP address of your serverwmc machine.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
1. I changed the computer name of the win7 pc with serverwmc because there was a typical German charakter "ö" inside
2. Reboot of NAS
3. => I can see the level beyond TILLY (different computers inside workgroup TILLY)
=> So this was the first goal

Access to recorded TV folder was still not possible:
1. adding video source using browse
2. choosing "Andre"
3. user/password could not be entered (error message Invalid Argument) / Fall back to screen to enter the password

Then I created a new Useraccount on my Win7 pc and entered this into serverwmc/folders. This was the solution:
1. No error message on kodi start anymore ("recorded TV folder not found")
2. Access to recorded TV using the function add video source
3. Live TV is working
4. I can watch the recorded videos
=> This was the breakthrough :-)

It was like a dream to find this addon because I missed progress in the WMC world since I bought my media center extender. Next step will be to try wake on lan (which I've alwayse missed using my hardware extender).

Some issues are left but maybe they are not go-live-relevant for my living room :-) (like changing channels => abort of live-TV or how can I stop a recording or live-tv arrives only in PCM 2.0 instead of Dolby Digital 3.2.1)

Thank you krustyreturns

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR-WMC Recorded TV folder not found0