v17 3d Movies - Automatical switch to 3d in kodi
Hi there,

I´m fairly new to 3d, but i have a new 3d TV (Samsung JS9090).
So i have now some 3d movies, all as *.ts movies, all with "side by side".
The naming of the movies is like: "Resident Evil Retribution (2012) (3d sbs).ts"
In Kodi this movies also have the "3d" indicator (media flag).

What i want now is this:
Normally the whole Kodi GUI shall be in 2d. This is ok.
When i play a 3d movie, the Kodi GUI itself should switch to 3d.
When ending/stopping the 3d movie, the Kodi GUI should switch back to 2d.

How can i reach this?

Here are my settings for 3d:

Thank you very much for your help!
The settings I have are....

Settings>Player Settings>Videos>Disable stereoscopic 3D mode when playback ended.

and

Settings>System Settings>Display>Stereoscopic 3D mode/current>Disabled

That way everything is in 2D except when a 3D movie is playing.
mh, ok... Tried the same settings, didn´t help...
Could you tell me, what your movie is?
Which filetype, extension, naming?

Thanks Wink
I'm watching MVC MKV files using Afedchin's 3D version of Kodi for Windows. I name mine "movietitle.3d.tab.mkv", but that's really only so my Raspbery Pi picks them up correctly as 3D. The windows machines I use don't need anything other than "movietitle.mkv"
mh, ok, maybe you have some tricks for me.
My files are recorded files from channel "Sky 3d".
The filename is "Title (Year) (3d sbs).ts".
I have a normal Kodi build, 17 RC2.
What i have to do further, to get it working?
Can you get me in the right direction? Wink
The cleanest naming convention that works for me looks like this and is necessary for 3D automation to work properly:
Avatar (2009) .3D.SBS for side by side
Avatar (2009) .3D.TAB for top and bottom
This also conforms with skins nicely so that cases show as 3D.

Plenty of info here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229692
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Ah ok, solved the problem in Kodi by naming the movies as you mentioned.
For all others: "Moviename (Year) (3d sbs).ts" is not enough, it has to be "Moviename (Year).3D.SBS.ts", then Kodi automatically switches to 3d in GUI when playing a 3d movie and switches back to 2d when stopping the movie.
Last question: Is there a possibility that the Samsung JS9090 automatically switches to 3d mode when watching a 3d movie with kodiHuh

Thanks!
If it's a proper frame packed 3D movie then yes it should, but with SBS content my LG just displays it as 2 images next to each other, because that's exactly what it is.
(2017-01-11, 20:10)junias Wrote: Ah ok, solved the problem in Kodi by naming the movies as you mentioned.
For all others: "Moviename (Year) (3d sbs).ts" is not enough, it has to be "Moviename (Year).3D.SBS.ts", then Kodi automatically switches to 3d in GUI when playing a 3d movie and switches back to 2d when stopping the movie.
Last question: Is there a possibility that the Samsung JS9090 automatically switches to 3d mode when watching a 3d movie with kodiHuh

Thanks!

My JS8500 auto switches into all of the 3D modes. Fairly certain yours, being a Samsung, will too.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-01-11, 23:18)brazen1 Wrote: My JS8500 auto switches into all of the 3D modes. Fairly certain yours, being a Samsung, will too.

Mh, ok... Do you have the "special" Kodi build by Afedchin or do you use a normal one?
My JS9090 doesn´t switches into the sbs mode when playing a 3d sbs movie...
I have to manually select 3d and then sbs...
And the application for samsung TVs "3D Enabler Samsung TV" always says "Connection failed"...
I use v.17 nightly builds with a compatible external player, PowerDVD. That other forked build of Kodi works with HDMI 1.3 ports on older displays such as 1080p. Newer 4k displays use HDMI 2.0 or above and are not backwards compatible.

3D Enabler Samsung TV was for older dumb panels. It works with v.16 and below. It does not work using v.17. Smart displays auto switch into the appropriate 3D mode so it is not needed or updated anymore. Select 'Preferred' mode in Kodi to automate the output to your display.

Also, check your display settings. i.e. Settings/Picture/3D/3D Auto View/Auto2. You may also need to edit the header of your SBS rip using mkvmerge if it is an mkv so the panel recognizes it and understands to switch into 3D mode depending on the header field. I don't use altered rips. I use complete unaltered frame packed mvc as they were intended and avoid all that nonsense. Many folks do alter rips to SBS so the file becomes compatible with the player instead of the other way around. In that case, you can use any player. If your display auto switches properly is hit and miss depending on the title and how you ripped it. You may find some titles always auto switch while other don't no matter what you try.

mh, ok, tried with kodi 17 rc2 and some movies.
With some movies the samsung automatically switches, for some other he doesn´t^^
But Auto2 was the right direction, with auto1 the samsung didn´t switches at all...
Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3d Movies - Automatical switch to 3d in kodi0