v17 Pictures won't show, also tons of outdated window ids
Hi,
after going through an update hell with kodi 17 (it would be nice if future update processes could tell me, that fex. my remote.xml is outdated, because of several window ids beeing gone. Alas, now i have at least a super clean install, with tons of outdated databases removed and so on), i tried to get titan working again. Was first using the one from the beta repo, but tonight there apeared a stable release, so i choose that one.
Seems i got it working so far, however, what i noticed was, that my pictures where not shown. I could open the respective folder, they where even shown as background picture, but no slideshow, no fullscreen picture at all. I tracked it down to Slideshow.xml, which was luckily quite empty allready. So i had a look how it was in the new default skin, and there was nothing between the window tags. Thus removed everything in titans slideshow.xml as well, and now pictures are working.

Since i am pretty clueless about what i have done there, i am not sure if that was the right way to fix that (Also afaia, as soon as the skin gets an update, this will be overwritten anyway). So could that be please fixed, if possible?

During my investigations i also noted references to now missing window ids, like mutebug, musiclibrary, videolibrary and so on. It seems to be not very problematic right now as the skin seems to work as expected, however i get tons of errormessages logged, which makes it harder for me to track down actual problems.
fex:
Code:
13:50:36.637 T:7752   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window mutebug
13:50:36.639 T:7752   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musiclibrary
13:50:36.917 T:7752   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting return
13:50:36.917 T:7752   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(return) failed

No Idea what that XFILE Error means, first i thought i need that to fix the picture problem, but that was not the case.

Edit:
Seems as if smart shortcuts aren't working either due to missing window ids. Will look into it, maybe i can fix that myself too.

Edit 2: Seems as if there are several addons broken too, skinhelper script fex. Not sure if i should open another thread. Anyway, i don't understand why those ids got completly removed in the first place. It seems to break a lot of things. Imho it would have been better to keep them as legacy ids for few versions and maybe give some deprecated warnings before removing them alltogether

Edit 3: To be a little bit more constructive:
It seems as I found at least the bit that caused wrong actions for opening smart shortcuts
In addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\BackgroundsUpdater.py (V1.0.100) in Line 555 i changed
Code:
paths = [['special://videoplaylists/','VideoLibrary'], ['special://musicplaylists/','MusicLibrary']]
to
Code:
paths = [['special://videoplaylists/','Videos'], ['special://musicplaylists/','Music']]
and smartshortcuts are working again. But as mentioned before, i am not quite sure if this was the right thing to do.
Fixed many Problems by switchting to titan kryptonbeta, which i tried to avoid. There are still calls to missing windows ids (infodialog iirc) but it is far better now.
Sorry for ranting. But may I suggest to update this release skin in kodis krypton repo? It is really broken, sorry (stumbled over a lot more problems in combination with the now outdated helper scripts)
The repo version of the krypton version is very premature and you must use the beta untill I (finally) push a new version to the repo.
You maybe have read about the major refactor of skinhelper so it took me a little longer but later this week I will submit all new versions to the kodi repo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures won't show, also tons of outdated window ids0