• 6(current)
Release Omni 1.x for Krypton
Oops!

It appears the latest update now is stuck to boring grey. I get that you've removed the skin helper stuff, but surely changing the colour is a useful option. I loved this skin for its simplicity, I had it setup great. but yeah looks a little ugly now. Not sure why the decision to regress the skin and make it look worse, but i guess that's your decision. I was previously using mimic skin on Jarvis and it worked brilliantly and that's gone in a backwards direction also. I'm finding it hard to find a skin that looks and works as good as mimic did before the krypton changes, omni was a close contender. It's a shame as functionally it was working out perfectly. Thanks for your continued hard work though, I wouldn't have the first clue about how to make a skin so this is not a complaint as such, just confused as to why the step backwards.

JP
(2017-03-02, 20:47)jpcheat Wrote: Oops!

It appears the latest update now is stuck to boring grey. I get that you've removed the skin helper stuff, but surely changing the colour is a useful option. I loved this skin for its simplicity, I had it setup great. but yeah looks a little ugly now. Not sure why the decision to regress the skin and make it look worse, but i guess that's your decision. I was previously using mimic skin on Jarvis and it worked brilliantly and that's gone in a backwards direction also. I'm finding it hard to find a skin that looks and works as good as mimic did before the krypton changes, omni was a close contender. It's a shame as functionally it was working out perfectly. Thanks for your continued hard work though, I wouldn't have the first clue about how to make a skin so this is not a complaint as such, just confused as to why the step backwards.

JP
The color themes are still there, just using Kodi's official method now. Go to Settings > Interface. You can also edit the color files in the skin folder if you want to customise the colors further.

I decided to remove skin helper service from my htpc because I was having issues with crashes and Kodi not shutting down cleanly. While I would have liked to keep the color picker, it appears that this script isn't standalone and requires that the main one also be installed. I wasn't using most of skin helper's other features, so this was a fairly easy decision.
Ok makes sense. Shame though, as you can't edit the transparency there. Will have a play with getting down and dirty with the colour files as you suggested. I've tested going back to an earlier version on your git and its working fine as before also. Although i'm not sure if will break over time though using an older version?

Cheers

JP
I really like the new media player style. Thanks for the update Blush
One thing I'm racking my head is the fact, that there are no Crew pictures in the info dialogue for me. I just see the gray/white avatars instead of pictures. I got every necessary addon for omni installed. Has anyone experiences something similar?
(2017-03-03, 01:14)swarander Wrote: I really like the new media player style. Thanks for the update Blush
One thing I'm racking my head is the fact, that there are no Crew pictures in the info dialogue for me. I just see the gray/white avatars instead of pictures. I got every necessary addon for omni installed. Has anyone experiences something similar?
Will test when I get home, but I was seeing cast photos last night. Update: Still seeing cast photos here, not sure why the aren't showing up for you.
I recently updated to LibreElec 8.0 (Krypton) & was sad to see mimic did not look the same, to my surprise I stumbled onto this new skin & noticed it's by same person. Thanks braz, love this new skin you've created & look forward to seeing it only get better!

I know it's still in early development stage but I'd like to see more views supported & possible multiple widgets per menu item. Keep up the awesome work & I look forward to seeing updates pop up. Rofl
(2017-03-03, 05:05)DataBass Wrote: I recently updated to LibreElec 8.0 (Krypton) & was sad to see mimic did not look the same, to my surprise I stumbled onto this new skin & noticed it's by same person. Thanks braz, love this new skin you've created & look forward to seeing it only get better!

I know it's still in early development stage but I'd like to see more views supported & possible multiple widgets per menu item. Keep up the awesome work & I look forward to seeing updates pop up. Rofl

Thanks, glad you like it. Likely won't see too many more views or multiple widgets though. I've been looking for a new view that would fit well, but haven't found any yet.
(2017-03-03, 05:21)braz Wrote: Thanks, glad you like it. Likely won't see too many more views or multiple widgets though. I've been looking for a new view that would fit well, but haven't found any yet.

Perfectly understandable, I really enjoyed the "Shift" view in Mimic. Fingers crossed you liked it as well & implement it into Omni. John added the Episodes view into the modded version of Omni, another view I always used. I believe both would be a great addition to this lovely new skin. I did notice that the "TV Shows - Next Aired" addon hasn't been themed yet, would be great addition or better yet custom widget inside TV Shows menu widget, any way I trust your judgment & look forward to seeing it progress.
(2017-03-03, 05:51)DataBass Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 05:21)braz Wrote: Thanks, glad you like it. Likely won't see too many more views or multiple widgets though. I've been looking for a new view that would fit well, but haven't found any yet.

Perfectly understandable, I really enjoyed the "Shift" view in Mimic. Fingers crossed you liked it as well & implement it into Omni. I believe it would be a great addition to this lovely new skin. I did notice that the "TV Shows - Next Aired" hasn't been themed yet, would be great addition or better yet custom widget inside TV Shows menu widget, any way I trust your judgment & look forward to seeing it progress.
I like shift view too and wanted to use it here. I wanted to keep the navigation logical though, and you have to be able to press right for the media menu. So probably no shift view. I tried to make a vertical shift view, but it didn't turn out like I was hoping.
(2017-03-03, 05:57)braz Wrote: I like shift view too and wanted to use it here. I wanted to keep the navigation logical though, and you have to be able to press right for the media menu. So probably no shift view. I tried to make a vertical shift view, but it didn't turn out like I was hoping.

Perhaps an half circle shift that uses up/down to navigate with Movie/TV Show information in center would do the trick
(2017-03-02, 22:27)jpcheat Wrote: Ok makes sense. Shame though, as you can't edit the transparency there. Will have a play with getting down and dirty with the colour files as you suggested. I've tested going back to an earlier version on your git and its working fine as before also. Although i'm not sure if will break over time though using an older version?

Cheers

JP
In the short term it will likely work fine. Long term, you'll need to update the older version for any Kodi 17 skinning changes.
very happy with this skin (most of all WAF is very high)!
just one question:
how do I show the games section in the menu?
I have it on estuary, but here it doesn't show up..

uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.10.1 #1 SMP Thu Mar 2 21:03:27 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
(2017-03-03, 20:36)indri Wrote: Very happy with your skin!
just one question:
how do I show the games section in the menu?
I have it on estuary, but here it doesn't show up..
Depends on which games item you're referring to. If you mean the games section in Kodi 18, this skin has not yet been updated for Kodi 18.

If you are using plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher, the default menu contains an item to launch games.
ah, ok.. I asked because in the screenshots I saw it and thought it was referring to the retroplayer addon from garbear.
So if I understand it right for now plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher would be needed in order to have that nice game icon in the main menu?
(2017-03-03, 21:00)indri Wrote: ah, ok.. I asked because in the screenshots I saw it and thought it was referring to the retroplayer addon from garbear.
So if I understand it right for now plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher would be needed in order to have that nice game icon in the main menu?

Yes, that's the way I have it setup. The games menu item launches Advanced Emulator Launcher and the widget is the plugin's favorites folder.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omni 1.x for Krypton4