• 2(current)
Release Omni 1.x for Krypton
Loving it so far!

One thing though: I'm wondering if there's a way to change the OSD when playing a video? The default highlighted item is always the leftmost one (audio settings), which is annoying as I'd like to have it centered on Play/Pause as per default. I have the same problem with Mimic 5.x.
If nothing else, I'm wondering if you could tell me an easy way to swap the entire OSD out for one from a different skin? A quick and dirty fix, sure, but it would be nice for me to know how to do so in the future anyway. Smile
(2017-01-26, 23:43)Zareph Wrote: Loving it so far!

One thing though: I'm wondering if there's a way to change the OSD when playing a video? The default highlighted item is always the leftmost one (audio settings), which is annoying as I'd like to have it centered on Play/Pause as per default. I have the same problem with Mimic 5.x.
If nothing else, I'm wondering if you could tell me an easy way to swap the entire OSD out for one from a different skin? A quick and dirty fix, sure, but it would be nice for me to know how to do so in the future anyway. Smile
You can try replacing VideoOSD.xml with one from another skin, it will almost certainly require changes to work in OMNI though.

I'll look into changing the default control on the video OSD.

Update: Pushed a change to Github so the default control is now Play/Pause if it is visible, otherwise it will default to Stop.
I thought about adding a main menu item to activate the home window, so you don't have to press back so many times to get to home. But didn't really like it taking up a menu spot. So instead added the following code to my keyboard.xml. Now no matter where I am, I can press Ctrl-H to return home.

Code:
<h mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(home)</h>
Hey braz,

only want to say thanks for this simple and beautiful skin. Love it so far.
(2017-01-27, 01:15)braz Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 23:43)Zareph Wrote: Loving it so far!

You can try replacing VideoOSD.xml with one from another skin, it will almost certainly require changes to work in OMNI though.

I'll look into changing the default control on the video OSD.

Update: Pushed a change to Github so the default control is now Play/Pause if it is visible, otherwise it will default to Stop.

Gave it a try, and it's really helped a lot. Thanks for the speedy resolution! Smile

By the way, I wanted to add a system information widget to my "Power menu" menu entry (like there is in Estuary MOD, for example), but I couldn't find any. Do you plan on adding one?

Also, I noticed the view seems messed up in List view when in a video addon. Try launching the YouTube addon in List view and hopefully you should be able to see what I mean straight away. The "logo" (large thumbnail on the right) of whatever button is highlighted overlaps with the list itself.

I plan on continuing the use of this skin; I'm really loving the Omni menu. It's well thought out, and works like a charm with a remote, so thank you very much for making this. And if it isn't too much of an annoyance, I'll continue to report any bugs I stumble upon Wink
Cheers!
(2017-01-28, 09:35)reap705 Wrote: Hey braz,

only want to say thanks for this simple and beautiful skin. Love it so far.
Thanks, much appreciated!
(2017-01-28, 11:06)Zareph Wrote: Gave it a try, and it's really helped a lot. Thanks for the speedy resolution! Smile

By the way, I wanted to add a system information widget to my "Power menu" menu entry (like there is in Estuary MOD, for example), but I couldn't find any. Do you plan on adding one?

Also, I noticed the view seems messed up in List view when in a video addon. Try launching the YouTube addon in List view and hopefully you should be able to see what I mean straight away. The "logo" (large thumbnail on the right) of whatever button is highlighted overlaps with the list itself.

I plan on continuing the use of this skin; I'm really loving the Omni menu. It's well thought out, and works like a charm with a remote, so thank you very much for making this. And if it isn't too much of an annoyance, I'll continue to report any bugs I stumble upon Wink
Cheers!

Will see about adding a system info widget...should be doable.

Will also test addons, thanks for reporting!
Added a new list view option for the home widgets...

(2017-01-28, 11:06)Zareph Wrote: Also, I noticed the view seems messed up in List view when in a video addon. Try launching the YouTube addon in List view and hopefully you should be able to see what I mean straight away. The "logo" (large thumbnail on the right) of whatever button is highlighted overlaps with the list itself.
This is now fixed on github...noticed another issue with artwork in Pinkbike, that one will take a little longer to fix.
looks way better than mimic v5, i like it
I absolutely love this skin....I know it's relatively early days but it's really impressive. One suggesion I would like to make is the artist biography information. Could this be scrolled along the top or bottom of the screen? I especially love the Lyrics displaying whilst the artist slideshow is visible, that along with the way the lyrics are shown. Very original.
(2017-02-03, 14:20)blutstein Wrote: looks way better than mimic v5, i like it
Thanks!

Though I guess this is like telling a parent that one of their kids looks way better than the other. Wink
(2017-02-04, 11:44)buxtonlad Wrote: I absolutely love this skin....I know it's relatively early days but it's really impressive. One suggesion I would like to make is the artist biography information. Could this be scrolled along the top or bottom of the screen? I especially love the Lyrics displaying whilst the artist slideshow is visible, that along with the way the lyrics are shown. Very original.
Are you saying you would like to see the artist bio on the music visualization window? If so, that option is already there, you just need to enable it. Look in the music viz settings, there is a button on the right side of the OSD to access it.
Hi. No... The info appears at the top of the screen and it took about 3-4 lines of text. Could this be scrolled across the screen on one line only?
(2017-02-04, 23:12)buxtonlad Wrote: Hi. No... The info appears at the top of the screen and it took about 3-4 lines of text. Could this be scrolled across the screen on one line only?
You would need to modify the code to do this, no plans to make that the default. Take a look in MusicVisualisation.xml.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omni 1.x for Krypton4