Kodi not exiting.
Ever since I upgraded to Kodi 17. I cannot exit the program properly.

I am using Windows 10 and when I go to exit Kodi, it just sits there and then Windows pops up the "Program not responding" overlay and even if I say wait, it comes back.

I end up having windows force the exit.
Gather a debug log (wiki) of such a failure, upload it to PasteBin or somewhere similar and paste the link they will supply here.

It may be something installed on your setup which is trying to update or write a database or something like that and it's dying.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I am having the exact same issue on my system

logfile is here: http://pastebin.com/5L6TXsSN

Thank you
Your debug log needs to have debugging enabled before you start kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My apologies,
the log file is here:
http://pastebin.com/bEL1BQcB
(2017-01-10, 05:28)Flame007 Wrote: My apologies,
the log file is here:
http://pastebin.com/bEL1BQcB

With so many banned addons and repos installed no one is going to waste their time looking at your log.
Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons (wiki)
Many thanks for your reply.
I will remove all those addons and see if the matter is resolved.
I have the same problem. I deleted my movie and music databases, to see if they have affect. I've meant to clean them a while, anyway. So, what I found out is, after I deleted them, it exited just fine. Also, after I scanned my movie database to library, it exited. But after I scanned music database, it stopped working. Could it be something with the bigger updates in that? I can send some log-files at some point too, I'm not at home for a while. I have latest RC of Krypton installed. I'm using Win 7.
(2017-01-10, 19:37)Innerself Wrote: I have the same problem. I deleted my movie and music databases, to see if they have affect. I've meant to clean them a while, anyway. So, what I found out is, after I deleted them, it exited just fine. Also, after I scanned my movie database to library, it exited. But after I scanned music database, it stopped working. Could it be something with the bigger updates in that? I can send some log-files at some point too, I'm not at home for a while. I have latest RC of Krypton installed. I'm using Win 7.

I really don't think it has anything to do with databases.

scott s.
Do you use the locall database or do you use a mysql server and have there your database.

if you use a mysql server to manage the database and it is version 5.7 then it is a mysql server problem .
i had this problem to i instaled the 5.5 version and the problem was gone.

Sorry for my bad english.

Scorpi
(2017-01-12, 21:02)scott967 Wrote: I really don't think it has anything to do with databases.

scott s.

Thank you, for your answer Scott. Maybe my English is bad or I was unclear what I meant, but I didn't mean it necessarily has anything to do with databases. I just suggested, that the problem might be music-part related, because it doesn't happen, when music database is not there. So, what I really meant, is that some process within Kodi is left undone, when there's no music database. It might be scanning, tag reading or some little thing, which makes Kodi hang during exiting. I just wanted to help narrowing down the options, what it might be. I would like to do more digging, but my skill set is quite limited with coding, at this point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not exiting.0