v17 Cant get local poster and fanart to work.
Hi

I just installed Kodi 17, had problems with Kodi 16 "Kodi is not responding" but started.

Threads to "Kodi is not responding" Jarvis:
303368 (thread)
266149 (thread)
257881 (thread)
263057 (thread)

So i got the advice to try Krypton.

My library works fine on my other Windows Jarvis 16.1 and on a retropie so everything is fine in the library, it must be a setting that i cant find.

I use a local ftp as my library, and only that. No online or no third party program.

Built like this:
Folder: Kids movies
Subfolder: Aladdin
Files: Aladdin.mkv, poster.jpg, Aladdin-fanart.jpg and Aladdin.nfo

Aladdin.nfo:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
<title>Aladdin</title>
<runtime>87</runtime>
</movie>

This works fine on my other builds, but it was issues on the way but i cant remember what.

When i add this to my Krypton i only get the info from the nfo file, Title and Time, no poster or fanart.

I have made personal artwork and nfos for all movies so i do not want to download new.
Atm it is 400 movies and 250 tv shows in my library so its not a question to rebuild it.
The poster should be named Aladdin-poster.jpg as per Custom_video_entries (wiki)
I don't use folders for my individual movies .. but according to this : http://kodi.wiki/view/artwork#Folder_thumbnails

then inside your "Aladdin" Sub-Folder as per the link above should be either Aladdin.jpg or folder.jpg

also assuming the fanart should just be named fanart.jpg (inside the folder)
Artwork

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)

[movie file name]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episode file name]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

I can agree that it should be Aladdin-poster.jpg but some how poster.jpg works just fine in my other two build.
Is there a single file that i can copy or view to see what settings am using to get the other two to work?
It could just be that the scraper messed up on that machine. I scarped the sample library on two different machines and the one skipped ~20 movies out of the 1000.
(2017-01-11, 14:34)Av3nged Wrote: It could just be that the scraper messed up on that machine. I scarped the sample library on two different machines and the one skipped ~20 movies out of the 1000.

Tried Kodi 15, 16 and 17, no difference. They all scrap the nfo file. If i copy my Kodi in appdata from a working machine, it works with this machine on Kodi 16, on 15 it only scarps the fanart and have not tried on 17.
Used Bulk Rename Utility to rename the posters.

Didnt work on network so had to move the library arund but now its working :-)
Ok.

The problem seems to be FTP, when using the same library SMB it works fine, it dose not scrap fanart or posters when using FTP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant get local poster and fanart to work.0