Context Menu and Info Dialog
Hi,

I'm trying to create my own skin for Jarvis and I'm new to skinning. Can someone explain or point me to where I can read up on how these work? I poked around the Confluence skin and the MyVideoNav.xml and ViewFileMode.xml, but I don't understand how the items/controls in the list activate the Context Menu and Info Dialog; is it done automatically somehow by the actual Kodi code and not in the skinning engine?

Basically, I want to list items using other controls (like within a panel) and also be able to use a context menu and info dialog on those items.

Thanks in advance.
(2017-01-10, 04:01)gr8oblivion Wrote: is it done automatically somehow by the actual Kodi code and not in the skinning engine?

correct

(2017-01-10, 04:01)gr8oblivion Wrote: Basically, I want to list items using other controls (like within a panel) and also be able to use a context menu and info dialog on those items.

unless i misunderstand what you're trying to do, that should work out of the box.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks for the reply...

And, yes, i got the panel control to work with context menu and info dialog... i had a bug with my xml that prevented it from showing up originally Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context Menu and Info Dialog0