Homy Player - Hybrid Android TV OS - Smarthome - indiegogo (Crowdfunding)
(2017-01-11, 09:24)nickr Wrote: I would never use my media player as my central home automation server. Media players break, get updated, etc. I want my lights garage doors and so forth on a bulletproof device.
I agree with that. I used to run homeseer in a vm on my nas, but even that wasn't good enough because my server had other duties and needed to be rebooted, updated, etc.

I ended up putting homeseer on a dedicated rpi 3.

But, with zwave you can set this up as a secondary controller which would allow the media center to control lights and stuff, but would not need to be that reliable
(2017-01-11, 05:01)couto27 Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 03:05)Orlando Wrote: The big thing on this device is Z-Wave implementation. Many z-wave gateways support between 15-30 different devices in the best of cases and not work properly... we support more than 1K because we use "class integration" instead "ID device identification". If your z-wave device is certified then will work... does not matter the brand (automation possibilities are unlimited)

Indeed
Too bad you rule out Zigbee..it will kind limit users choice.

Im using Phillips HUE (Zigbee) and this thing is brilliant, Siri, apple HomeKit, logitech Harmony ultimate, IFTTT channels, Loads of compatible apps, and some zillions of configurations, looking forward for Google home in the Shield.
I believe zigbee as a platform is very fragmented and there isn't a universal controller that controls all zigbee devices. One manufacturer's controller doesn't control other manufacturer's devices, etc.

Zwave is more universal on that front and there are quite a few generic controllers (usb or otherwise)
(2017-01-11, 17:30)aptalca Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 03:05)Orlando Wrote: The big thing on this device is Z-Wave implementation. Many z-wave gateways support between 15-30 different devices in the best of cases and not work properly... we support more than 1K because we use "class integration" instead "ID device identification". If your z-wave device is certified then will work... does not matter the brand (automation possibilities are unlimited)

Indeed

Im using Phillips HUE (Zigbee) and this thing is brilliant, Siri, apple HomeKit, logitech Harmony ultimate, IFTTT channels, Loads of compatible apps, and some zillions of configurations, looking forward for Google home in the Shield.
I believe zigbee as a platform is very fragmented and there isn't a universal controller that controls all zigbee devices. One manufacturer's controller doesn't control other manufacturer's devices, etc.

Zwave is more universal on that front and there are quite a few generic controllers (usb or otherwise)

Lets see how dotdot (Universal Language for Iot) can make it works...

Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Specs updated HomyPlayer Specs

4K HDR, Faster CPU (S912), 3GB Ram, WIFI AC, 7.1 audio and more..

Indeed

Yes Philips removed support for other ZigBee devices from their hue system a while ago.

Z wave on the other hand is very fragmented by the fact that it uses different frequencies all over the world. I can't pick up cheap US or Chinese gear.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-19, 01:57)nickr Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 05:01)couto27 Wrote: Indeed

Yes Philips removed support for other ZigBee devices from their hue system a while ago.

Z wave on the other hand is very fragmented by the fact that it uses different frequencies all over the world. I can't pick up cheap US or Chinese gear.

About fragmentation... this is not the right place to say this, but Homy Player is a multi-frequency z-wave controller. You can set the zone (US, EU, RU, and so on) in the home player phone or tv app. Takes about 5 seconds to change the frequency (on the fly) and no need to reboot the system. Many z-wave vendors offer same devices in both frequencies (EU, US)...
Can you choose NZ?

Also that doesn't help me with the high price of NZ frequency Zwave components like switches, sensors etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-19, 04:36)nickr Wrote: Can you choose NZ?

Also that doesn't help me with the high price of NZ frequency Zwave components like switches, sensors etc.

Yes, we support New Zealand frequency (921.4 MHz)

I live in the Aus/NZ region also. Can you use devices from other zones in these countries?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010
(2017-01-20, 02:13)FestivusOz Wrote: I live in the Aus/NZ region also. Can you use devices from other zones in these countries?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 (typie typie)

You mean, use US or EU devices in NZ? Yes, it works but is not legal.
Hi there... if you need a beta tester, I'm interested in signing up to help.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-01-20, 02:34)hdmkv Wrote: Hi there... if you need a beta tester, I'm interested in signing up to help.

Send me your email in a PM.
In order not to fill the thread "Pick the right Kodi box" with OT posts, I think it's better to continue here:

(2017-03-08, 12:46)lama0900 Wrote:
(2017-03-08, 11:12)shad Wrote: Hm, looks like this could become an alternative to Wetek Play (2 / 2S), doesn't it? If we consider the devices with DVB Tuners, I mean. Looking at the direction Wetek and their devices are going, an alternative certainly wouldn't be bad.

If the smarthomy will be ever released, since the crowdfunding campaign has not received it's target.

(2017-03-09, 23:55)lama0900 Wrote:
(2017-03-09, 17:54)AnalyzeQ Wrote: So it's actually box on paper ?

Something like that I would say.
Someone may correct me, if he has a physical box in his hands already.

What does it mean exactly?

This page says 4 people supported the project with $667 and that the project is "closed", although it's goal was / is $59,000

So is the project over?

If not: does it mean that only the supportes can get the device? Or will they get some bonuses compared to normal buyers?

What if one supports the project, but it doesn't achieve it's goal?
Hello, HomyPlayer will be released in Q3 2017 (July). Since we get private investment.

Everything its ok. Check the new website here: https://www.smarthomy.com/en/

Check tv and game console features.
(2017-03-10, 14:01)Orlando Wrote: Hello, HomyPlayer will be released in Q3 2017 (July). Since we get private investment.

Everything its ok. Check the new website here: https://www.smarthomy.com/en/

Check tv and game console features.

That changes things of course. Thought it's over because the crowdfunding goal was not met.
Thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Homy Player - Hybrid Android TV OS - Smarthome - indiegogo (Crowdfunding)1