Movie Library cover images.
I have had this problem with kodi for a while and cant seem to resolve it, I am using Krypton v17 now but have had the same issue with the last 2 versions. I add my movie library to kodi and it scans the library and it seems to find all the movies but it does not display the covers when I go into the movies section, I try to select different views like list/wall and only a couple actually have images. Whats strange is that on the main movies section where it shows recently added movies all the movies listed there do have the covers showing. but If I go into the movies wall and go to those movies I dont see the covers. Also if I go into the movies section and RMB on the movie and select information and do a manual refresh it finds the movie and only has 1 match, i select it and it updates and then it shows all the info and images. This wouldnt be that big of deal if I could tell it to refresh all the movies at once but I have to go through 1 movie at a time. And then If I uninstall kodi and then reinstall it I have to go through it all again. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Or what I can do to fix it.

Thanks
What does it show? Do you happen to have the setting for doing movie sets enabled, and also show sets with only one movie? If I turn that on, most of the pictures don't load straight away, it sits there with black boxes "doing something".
Not sure I've posted on this subject regarding this issue in an individual post. Caching of covers in Kodi is part of the 'magic' and there is some sort of pre-fetching going on so that when you enter movies, it starts at the chosen pointer (title sort or whatever) and displays those items on the first page. Looking at any folder you will note that the content list out as fast as the hardware you are using, give 1000 files in that folder and the display will be sluggish at best, put 100 files in it, and bang the listing is magic. The same goes for the structure within Kodi, you have 1000 movies and want to see them all in one shot.. and then we enter the issue of the cover fetch in the thumbnail folders, and points in your library matching up the images with the listings, sure computers are fast and some of this is pre-cached, flip the views to some new way of viewing and Kodi has to rebuild that view with thumbs to fit. I've got a fairly large folder, 400 listings and in cover-flow view alphabetical sort, the first page loads up directly, but subsequent the last page is blank covers for a few seconds when spinning through the collection, I can actually see the covers load sequentially. Exit and return, and you're looking at the cached covers and they're magically all displayed. Change views and it starts all over, the cache will fill over time with usage and it will speed up. HOW-TO:Reduce disk space usage (wiki) If you have not made an advancedsettings.xml file before, see the example in the wiki #Limit the size of cached images.

Then we get into artwork that can be very large arbitrary sized artwork to be displayed, so some consideration for standardizing your graphic files is good. Think about disk, logo, fanart, posters, actor images, extrafanart, thumbnails, clear art, loading for each listing. Even small listings can become much larger, not to mention fragmentation of the cache as new listings are added (the issue in most of the above posts), This link is useful iin offering solutions. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1556148 Milhouse and his texture cache maintenance utility http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373 I do want to add, that once in a blue moon I go through my thumbnail folder in icon mode, looking for corrupt images and do find a few (how these get corrupted is unknown) but it will explain some cover issues. And one last recommendation- http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112.

Suggestion:

Export your library to separate files (ensure that each video folder has the correct meta-data)
Remove your source(s) in file mode.
Clean library (ensure not files are listed)
Re-add your source, choose 'local information only', as your scraper.
Scrape local information (at least you will have some organization)
Change Scraper back to chosen default.

most of this can be accomplished with texture cache maintenance utility http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
I dont have the movie sets settings turned on.
Also I only have a library of about 265 movies, the problem is that there is no covers except for a few movies. I open the movie library and I see place holder icons with the title of the movie with no cover art. But If I do the manual refresh and select the movie then all info and covers are downloaded but for only that movie. I have to go movie by movie and refresh and redownload. This didnt used to be this way, I used to point kodi to my library and it would scan the folder then download and when I went to the movies page all cover art would be there for all movies with the exception of a couple movies.Also if I go to the information page for a movie without art and covers I see all the movie info title actors all except for any pictures.
It's possible you have a corrupt library, check out my suggestion. Set's artwork atm is not auto scraped, and takes the art from the first movie that has artwork in it's folder if it's available.
Ok just as an update, I was able to resolve this issue and all library movies automatically fill cover art and other info automatically when the directory is added to the library.
I'm not sure how this happened or exactly what happened but there seemed to be some sort of permissions or access problem with almost all of my .mkv's. Ill list the facts in case it will help some else.

1. I keep all my movies on a unraid server and have accounts for around 6 different devices from win10 machines, android phones, android TV's , android and windows tablets.

2. All showed the same problem, when I add my moive directory to the library it would scan and then find all the movies and add them. But it would not download any cover art or actor info just the movie info like title and description.

3. I then have to RMB on each movie and select refresh and it would then find the movie and download all the art work and info. All would be good until I had to reinstall or clear the database.

4. I could play the movies on all devices with no problem.

5. While using mkvmerge to add title info to some movies that were missing it I noticed that I got a permission the first couple of tries on a movie file. Once this cleared the library problems were gone for that movie.

6. I then selected all my movies from my windows machine and RMB then properties. I checked the box for "Read Only" then let it update all the files, then I did the same but unchecked the "Read Only" box again. After this the Kodi library imported all the movies and found and downloaded all the artwork and info correctly on the initial scan of the directory.

7. The strange part was how kodi could see the movies play them and update them manualy with no issues. But the library update could not. I'm not sure what was changed on each file or if it was just the touch that did it but its all good now on all devices.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library cover images.0