Req Default skin change for hearing impaired
Hi,
I'm hearing impaired and thus use subtitles to better understand any video I am watching.
As as I sometimes read slower than the characters speak, I pause the video.
But the subtitles are overwritten by the default skin.

watch gallery

In the future could you please consider avoiding any writing in the subtitle area?
Or implement a way to pause without showing the OSD.

Thanks for the great job !
thank you for your suggestion. We'll see what we can do. I'm not sure if this is already sufficient for you, but you can already adjust the default subtitle position - so for the meantime you could move it up. Go to Settings -> Player Settings-> Language and adjust "subtitle position on screen" to your liking. If you can't see this option, change the settings level to "advanced" if it's still on "standard" in the lower left corner.
If you don't like any of the default positions, set it back to "fixed", change the settings level to "expert" and adjust the fixed position by calibrating your screen in Settings -> System -> Display -> Video calibration. (yes, it's a bit hidden which could probably be improved)
Thanks for your quick reply.
I've already tried such settings but since there are subtitles on tv screens, they have always been at the bottom center of the screen.
And with so many years of having them at the same place, I think I just can't get used to having them somewhere else ;-)
you can temporarily shift the subtitles up a bit while the video is paused, by mapping the SubtitleShiftUp action to a button of your remote.
once you're finished use SubtitleAlign to restore them to the original position.

or just mod the skin to not show the overlay when a video is paused :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I thought about modding the skin to move the "Pause" and time information to the top of the screen.
And then I looked into the files and realized it was a little too complicated for me ;-)
Who am I trying to to fool?
I didn't understand a thing !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default skin change for hearing impaired0